Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Lastest pics of my project

henny496

Corvette
1963 Corvette coupe(pro street)
Hello
My car left for the bodyshop on Sunday afternoon. I still have the hood and I am going to do a bit more on it this week
The car will be back in 2 or 3 weeks. It will either be in Hot Rod flat black or in a flat blue finish. I want to keep the car in the sun and try it at the track with a slick to see how it all reacts to the sun and some violent launches
I want to drive it for one full season anyway in the flat colour.....plus I am almost broke LOL
The engine/tranny will go in once it comes back
http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/henny496/Last%20of%20the%20bodywork%20for%20me/
take care
Tom
I still have things to finish and will have lots of bugs to sort out. I will drive it somewhere before the yrs out, maybe just some mild test passes.......dunno yet

Tom

aren't you going to lose points in NCRS judging on the flat black finish??!! :D

that's one mean looking midyear!! :)

Tom,

I can still vividly remember when the whole thing was only a square pieces of cut-up fiberglass, :bang approximately 5' by 5' by 5'. You have come a very long way since then.

Hope all your loonies are put away, the trip to the body-shop is not the least expensive part of our restorations.

Great work, good luck

Stepinwolf

Tom,

Great to see the 63 on all fours and headed to the body shop.

I know it's been a long time coming but your work will pay off not that long from now.

Best of luck with the remainder of the project.

Rich Lagasse

Lookin' fine. You have made some good progress.

Hello
The car will be back here in 2-3 weeks. The glass should also be in it with the trim( I hope)
The engine will be here shortly afterwards, but I have a few things to do first anyway
I will send more pics , once it comes back. I am starting to have fun now
take care
Tom
I will need one of the NCRS////not correctly restored vette stickers

I will need one of the NCRS////not correctly restored vette stickers

Your Vette looks great- congrats on the progress!!!

Ummm, where do you get those stickers... I need one too!:L

This is it

It's called a Not Correctly Restored Stingray sticker, and although no one is making them,,,, some one should.

Stepinwolf

you do really good work.......I would have voted for primer RED rather than blue or black....but then that is just me.....

Hello Herb
It is going to be blue or black just on the top. The car will be in blue paint so the primer is blue. Urethane primer is very shiny, but if you sand it the protective skin goes off, so it is no longer sealed
A flattening agent may wreck the primer.....dunno yet, so the body guy is just going to put one coat of flat black or if possible just a blue base( no clear)
I had also thought of painting the car red, then silver , but I went back to the blue
Robert
I should talk to a friend to see if they can make up the stickers. I wonder if people would want them or if you would get into trouble from the NCRS for copyright infringement on their logo LOL
take care
Tom

ever thought of doing it in black epoxy ? it will be a semi gloss but still seal the glass and give you a good base for paint later. i use epoxy instead of 2k primer.

It's called a Not Correctly Restored Stingray sticker, and although no one is making them,,,, some one should.

Stepinwolf

Hmmmm... Erik S. Klien has a program to make bumper stickers...

:chuckle

Lets ask him!

Hello
I really don't know that much about epoxy and two stage, but what I was told is that epoxy is gummier to sand
I was told epoxy was first then the two stage. My body man has used both, so I am leaving that up to him
I do know of someone who just did a car with epoxy primer then sprayed one last coat in base, when the primer was still tacky. It gave a flat finish but in whatever colour you want
I talked with my paint guy last night and he has another idea, so I may know more this week
thanks
Tom

I think I am definitely going to need one of the stickers if someone makes them .. Not correctly restored stingray

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom