Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Late model seats in a C3?

Pat (patsnitrovette) put C5 seats in his 73-

352833443CjYVrT_th.jpg

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/1352833443052841409CjYVrT

Maybe he'll see my post and shed a little light about what he did to get them in.

I have read and seen pics of others installing C4 seats without any issues. C5 seats are becoming more popular and affordable. Here is a pic of C5 seats from a 98 in my vette.

100_1670.jpg

I have read and seen pics of others installing C4 seats without any issues. C5 seats are becoming more popular and affordable. Here is a pic of C5 seats from a 98 in my vette.

100_1670.jpg

Your installation is perfect! That's exactly what I want to do only with Black seats.

Did you have to cut the floor at all? Other posts suggest you have to cut the floor on the drivers side.

Do the seat sit as low or lower than the originals? I'm hoping to actually get the seats a bit lower than stock.

Did you use electric adjustable seats or two manual passenger side seats?

You said the C5 seats are affordable. If you don't mind how much did you pay for them? Where did you find them?

What tracks did you use, C3 tracks, C5 tracks, or some combination?

Thanks. I passed on a nice set of seats on Ebay last night because they didn't have tracks and I was afraid I'd have to cut the floor to make them fit. Your answers will be a huge help for me as I finish this project.

Also, thanks for the nice comments in the post above this. I'm so close to done I can't stand it.

:beer

Whiplash

Sorry, Also noticed your seatbelts. Are these F-body seatbelts or did your car come with shoulder belts? How does the shoulder belt work without something to route it through up high?

Sorry for all the questions but your pic makes me think you've got the answers. ;LOL

Sorry, Also noticed your seatbelts. Are these F-body seatbelts or did your car come with shoulder belts? How does the shoulder belt work without something to route it through up high?

Sorry for all the questions but your pic makes me think you've got the answers. ;LOL

Hey Jon

Sorry I have not yet been able to find that seat company. When are you picking her up

The seatbelts are from a 95 Trans Am. I hope to have them redone in the future to better match the color of the seats and interior. As for the height, it rest on my shoulder and has never bothered me.

Your installation is perfect! That's exactly what I want to do only with Black seats.

Did you have to cut the floor at all? Other posts suggest you have to cut the floor on the drivers side.

Do the seat sit as low or lower than the originals? I'm hoping to actually get the seats a bit lower than stock.

Did you use electric adjustable seats or two manual passenger side seats?

You said the C5 seats are affordable. If you don't mind how much did you pay for them? Where did you find them?

What tracks did you use, C3 tracks, C5 tracks, or some combination?

Thanks. I passed on a nice set of seats on Ebay last night because they didn't have tracks and I was afraid I'd have to cut the floor to make them fit. Your answers will be a huge help for me as I finish this project.

Also, thanks for the nice comments in the post above this. I'm so close to done I can't stand it.

:beer

Whiplash

No I did not have to cut my floorboard, however, your earlier model year may require something different. I reused my C3 tracks and shimmed the seats with washers. I have detailed pics of the seat track modification I can email you. I purchased the seats from a member of another forum for $500.00 plus shipping.

No I did not have to cut my floorboard, however, your earlier model year may require something different. I reused my C3 tracks and shimmed the seats with washers. I have detailed pics of the seat track modification I can email you. I purchased the seats from a member of another forum for $500.00 plus shipping.

You're the man! :beer

Thanks for the pics. Now I just need a set of black seats. :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom