Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Latest Bodywork Pics...

Zektor

Corvette
1982 Silver Coupe (Sold!), New C5 in 3 weeks!
I know everyone is pretty excited over the new "bodywork only" pictures that we have just seen. But I have found some interesting information about the photo's...

The pictures themselves have been posted in their native "digital camera" format. If you save each picture to your computer and right-click on each image and select "Properties" and then the "Summary" tab. Choose "Advanced" and you will find that 3 of the pictures show they were taken on a Sony DCR-TRV18 digital camera. Even more interesting is the date that they are supposed to of been taken. Now unless the person who took the pictures has the date wrong in his camera (unlikely), this means these pictures are nearly 3 1/2 months old. They were taken on the 24th July 2003!!!!

Everybody thinks that this body maybe the final design. There is a very good chance that this bodywork is not the final design.

Also, if it is final. Then why haven't GM pulled it down yet???

What do people think?

Cheers
Dazza

Zektor,

You must have been a detective in your former life.

Excellent work!

Chuck

my dealer saw the C-6 in vegas and he says that is what the car looked like but he is not sure about the the rear fender flares

Good detective work Zektor!!!!! I'm thinking decoy shots. We may not have seen the final C6 and maybe the dealers didn't either.:eyerole

Decoy?

Guys, I don't know if this is a decoy or not, but it does appear the images are several months old. Looks like Summer outside the shop..... (big green oak trees)

But it just doesn't make sense to me, that GM would suddenly be so careless, and let those pictures slip. That shop does not "look" very official/secure/real/etc. And if it is the real thing, then like so many people have already said, why aren't GM's wolves howling at the door? I got alarms goin' off, tellin' me somethin' ain't right.

Personally, I don't care for big booty or the fish mouth front, but I didn't care for the C 5 when it first came out, and now I love it!

Perhaps we should wait and see on January 4...............;shrug

Sure it's a couple of months old. Decoy...no way. Who in GM intheir right mind is going to create a decoy to spoof the American public. I think not. The cost and development alone would be prohibitive and rediculous. These photos are obviously from a bodyshop that was hired to build the fiberglass body of the C6. They probably worked and worked until it was just right, and all the pieces fit...then they create the master molds for further body panels. Non matching colors means nothing...they are just creating basic templates, checking the fit, before finalizing the master molds.

I'm guessing, once they got it right, some shoe clerk in the shop snapped a few pics not realizing what he had...until now. He also might have been a bit concerned for his own well being knowing what could happen to him if he released these pics. Just look at the mud slinging going on by our own menmers in some of the other threads. :bash Some folks are pretty angry over this. You got me....:eyerole

digital

any time you say digital a.k.a.=sony i think of george lucas don't be surprised if this is a gm scam that's why they havn't pulled the pics. they(gm) just want some feed back before they put the rubber stamp on it. WOULDN'T YOU! if we said we hated it they still have time to slap one of 3 or 4 alt. nose and tails on it.

Buster1 said:
Sure it's a couple of months old. Decoy...no way. Who in GM intheir right mind is going to create a decoy to spoof the American public. I think not. The cost and development alone would be prohibitive and rediculous. These photos are obviously from a bodyshop that was hired to build the fiberglass body of the C6. They probably worked and worked until it was just right, and all the pieces fit...then they create the master molds for further body panels. Non matching colors means nothing...they are just creating basic templates, checking the fit, before finalizing the master molds.

I'm guessing, once they got it right, some shoe clerk in the shop snapped a few pics not realizing what he had...until now. He also might have been a bit concerned for his own well being knowing what could happen to him if he released these pics. Just look at the mud slinging going on by our own menmers in some of the other threads. :bash Some folks are pretty angry over this. You got me....:eyerole
;stupid

Anyone who has ever read All Corvettes are Red would understand that we are not talking about taking something out of the freezer and tossing it into the microwave. We are talking about the development of a production line automobile. July is like yesterday in the development world guys. Please notice the front of the transport says "GMX 245." This IS the in house development code for the C6. It is very likely that the car we see was sent to a race shop for advanced preparation for (GT class?) racing, hence the tack-on, never-will-see-in-production rear fender flairs, no glass, no tires or wheels, etc.

These are NOT pictures of the fully dressed, out the door C6. GM is probably OK with this level of exposure 53 days prior to showing. Besides, even if they weren't, a thousand of us had the pics saved to our hard discs before GM new they were on the net. They never really stopped Jujubee's yellow vette did they? I've seen it posted plenty of times - look at David's timeline site.

This is the REAL Thing folks. I have also been told by VERY reliable source that it has been confirmed by several Vegas Viewers to be the car they saw.

big butts

i like big butts a.k.a.=jenifer lopez she needs a c5 logo on her butt .baby got back and so does the c5

corvette "looks"

i find it very interesting how so people will determine if they would buy a corvette based on looks. having owned 9 new corvettes which the 59 and the 62 looked the same,63,64,65 and 66 which all looked the same and 97,99 and now a 02 which look the same. i buy them for what they offer that is different from the previous ones and what they offer that is better than other cars in their price range.

motorman:

Many more people rely on looks than anything.

Even though the Edsel and the Studebaker were actually sound cars, the looks are what killed them.

Looks on the Corvette are important to me. It's a given that the handling and power are there.

If the Corvette started taking a nosedive in looks, you'd see a change in sales. I think that's why GM is very careful on what exterior changes they make. They can go just so far with being radical.

That's just the way it is.

Chuck

my opinon is that only first time buyers of corvettes buy for looks,that is why there are so many first time C-5 corvette owners. half of them could not tell you anything machanical about the car. if you do not believe me look at some of the questions asked on some corvette websites. i also found that a lot of people that bad mouth the looks of the C-5 could not afford one anyways.

motorman:

I could blast back but I won't. Heidi's right, things have to calm down here. I'll try my best (unless the coffee is good and I drink 12 cups again) :)

It can't be all first time buyers. I'm certainly not a first timer and have owned a few C5's by now. I still don't understand them all.

The C5 is soooo techy, only the master techs at GM like c4c5 and vettechick can actually get a handle on it all. I know that there are some that still ask what type of washer fluid can they use but so what. There just so afraid to do something wrong!

I'll stay away from the last sentence.

Chuck

I'm only on my second Corvette, so I am in a way looking at this argument without sporting a crossed flags tattoo on my butt (yet).

Corvettes are a lot like bikes in a way. Not too many people buy them cause they 'need' one, but more because they want one. (of course "need" is a relative term!). There are people who'll buy a Ducati over the latest Hon/Yam/Kaw/Suz superbike not for performance but for looks and soul. These are not posers either, the Duc's just provide a measure of individuality and soul as well as performance. A car/bike's design and performance can be too perfect and it will border on boring. Just ask Honda. It'll be hard to judge the C6 without driving one and seeing the completed package. All the early hype so far, followed by these kind of generic looking (IMO) initial shots have left me pretty un-impressed.

Guys, I don't know if this is a decoy or not, but it does appear the images are several months old. Looks like Summer outside the shop..... (big green oak trees)

But it just doesn't make sense to me, that GM would suddenly be so careless, and let those pictures slip. That shop does not "look" very official/secure/real/etc. And if it is the real thing, then like so many people have already said, why aren't GM's wolves howling at the door? I got alarms goin' off, tellin' me somethin' ain't right.

Personally, I don't care for big booty or the fish mouth front, but I didn't care for the C 5 when it first came out, and now I love it!

Perhaps we should wait and see on January 4...............

That's what I'm thinking.
I got alarms goin' off, tellin' me somethin' ain't right.

i compared these with the first canadian border spy shots. The ones that were taken by Autospies.com, the farther one looks much different from the closer one. alot shorter, more tapered and jacked up off the ground. I have a ffeeling we are all being 'duped' by GM. I remember Rob saying that GM did an excellent job camoflauging the C6 also.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom