Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Leaf spring question.

58n65

Corvette
58 Siver Blue Conv. and 65 Red Conv.
I finally took my frame apart to have it blasted and painted. I left the rear suspension all together but I plan on tearing it down and redoing it (all of the rubber parts, shocks, etc.).

My question is how do I change the rear spring cushions since I'm leaving the leaf spring attached to the diff.? Is this hard to do and can I do it by myself? Should I have left the diff. on the frame or wait until I mount it back on the frame and rebuilt everything from there?

Thanks,
58n65​

By "cushions" do you mean the liners between the spring leaves, or the round donut cushions for the spring end link bolts to the trailing arms?

:beer

By "cushions" do you mean the liners between the spring leaves, or the round donut cushions for the spring end link bolts to the trailing arms?

:beer
Sorry John!!! I meant the round cushions on the end link bolts. I'm not planning on removing the leaf spring and redoing it....I'm assuming the leaf spring is in good shape. When I looked at the leaf spring the liners looked okay (from the outside parts I could see) but they are a cracked in a few places....assuming that is normal.

Thanks again (twice)!!!

58n65

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom