Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

leaking roof fix

E

Eagle85C4

Went through a new car wash the other night...had sponge type washing instead of brush...made it look great. Problem was roof leaked and I got a bath. Got home took it off and found back and front attachment points loose. Rear is easy to get to...screws are right there and it is adjustable...so I lowered the the piece and screwed it down tight. The front requires you to remove the sun visors and the piece of plastic that runs across the top of the windshield. Both blocks were loose....pushed them as far down as they would go and tightned it up. Went back though wash with swim trunk on just in case and not a drop.....better then filling up all the cracks with clear RTV!!!!!!

Thanks for the info, Eagle!

Guess I should try this little adjustment before buying a $140.00 windshield weatherstrip, huh?!

Hope that solves my problem with leakage!

A vette thru a car wash-------Oh MY G_ _!!!!!!!! please watch that washer fluid does not screw up your wheels. They definitely use funny stuff (chemicals)and recycled water in the majority of those washes.

Already removed clear coat from wheels...now they shine like new with just a wee bit of Mothers wheel polish...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom