Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Leaking Water Pump

berry1133@bellsouth.net

I have a 2007 Z06 with 22K miles. I've noticed that my water pump leaks sporadically at a Sunday drive. The leak is small and I still run below 220 degrees. Has anyone else experienced this. If so did you replace the pump? How much did it cost?

BBerry

Intermittent leaking is strange. If it really is the waterpump, replace it ASAP. There is nothing to gain, but a real downside from putting it off. It's not a really tough job, and you don't have to take it to the dealer.

ouch

I helped a friend change the water pump on his LS powered camaro once. The pumps are expensive because they are a large aluminum casting, that goes across the front of the entire block. I think his pump was around $250 with no core at napa. Its wierd they did not want the old pump back as a core? His pump didnt start leaking till he had over 100k miles on his.

Thanks. I had the pump pulled at a corvette shop here in Atlanta. I paid $440 parts and labor. Strange, only 23K miles and the water pump leaks. Go figure!

I helped a friend change the water pump on his LS powered camaro once. The pumps are expensive because they are a large aluminum casting, that goes across the front of the entire block. I think his pump was around $250 with no core at napa. Its wierd they did not want the old pump back as a core? His pump didnt start leaking till he had over 100k miles on his.

no core charge because they are not rebuildable. The pulley that is driven by the serpentine belt is welded to the shaft and therefore cannot be removed, henceforth they cannot be rebuilt

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom