Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Legacy of the 84 Corvette?

84 Vette

I love my 84. It is a Z51 4+3. I drive it every day it doesn't rain, and some days it does. It is all stock except for the mufflers and a cd player. I got used to the ride, and even enjoy it now. I also have a couple of Thunderbirds for drivers. The Vette does ride rougher, but the way it handles more than makes up for it. I even like the CrossFire. It looks cool with the hood open, which by the way I also love the clamshell!
When they first came out I didn"t like them much. I always liked the C3. But the first time I drove one I knew I would eventually have one. Bought mine last year, 109k miles for $3500. Replaced the cluster from a guy on Ebay, clutch master cylinder, and radio. I have less tha 4k in it now. It will need some attention to the OD unit before long, though.

Thats what happens when you hit the search button. Some people on here always tells you to use the search button and others complain if you use it.;help

Legacy of the '84 Corvette

Sorry to drag this thread up again, but I couldn't resist...:D

The 1984 Corvette was an innovator in many ways; first to have rack and pinion steering, first to have a plastic spring instead of coils and first to have an all digital dash display among other firsts.

Now, that's not to say that there weren't problems....there are always bugs to work out in the beginning of any production run; but the difference from the C3's to the C4's is light years apart.

I've driven C3's and own an '84 and I'd take the C4 any day...there's such a difference between the 2 vehicles.

The 84 was my first Vette, and it was a good one. We laugh at the horsepower of the crossfire, but it was a beast in its' time - you have to put it in context. I raced the North Carolina Autocross series for a number of years, starting with the 84. This was a long, NASCAR long, series that ran events from Wilmington on the coast to Asheville at the far west end of the state. Over the years, I ran well over 100 events and 400 or more "runs." I didn't have one mechanical failure in the Vettes, starting with the brand new 84. No wonder I got hooked!;LOL With the 84, the Vette was finally recognized by the world community as a serious "sports car" - whatever that is.

Sorry to drag this thread up again, but I couldn't resist...:D

The 1984 Corvette was an innovator in many ways; first to have rack and pinion steering, first to have a plastic spring instead of coils and first to have an all digital dash display among other firsts.

Now, that's not to say that there weren't problems....there are always bugs to work out in the beginning of any production run; but the difference from the C3's to the C4's is light years apart.

I've driven C3's and own an '84 and I'd take the C4 any day...there's such a difference between the 2 vehicles.
Tha Aston Martin Lagonda of 1979 had a digital dash.....Roger.:w

We laugh at the horsepower of the crossfire, but it was a beast in its' time
Twas.

The car is still a beast with proper power and new rear end, broken after applying that "proper power", judiciously, actually.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom