Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Lets see some interior mods

L

Lethal Tendencies

interior2.jpg

A little Ken King Touch

Mine has the wheel, shift boot, center arm rest, & Em brake boot
along with the door arm rests( which are not pictured but very
comfortable) done by Vette Essentials.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Very nice

Mine has the wheel, shift boot, center arm rest, & Em brake boot
along with the door arm rests( which are not pictured but very
comfortable) done by Vette Essentials.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Here is a write-up I did a couple of years ago on creating color-matched door reflectors. The company I mentioned that did the powder coating has since gone out of business, but the rest of the article is still relevant.

DAY:
refl-day.jpg

NIGHT:
refl-night.jpg

Geeze, you could've put up a warning! :cool <---highly recommended

When I get home I'll put up a picture of my "custom" (cough made it myself cough) console cover. It saves the arm from 3rd-degree burns when the top is down. ;LOL

Very nice

I was impressed by appearance and work that has gone into yours.
Think I have seen a wider shot of the interior in another post and there
is quite a lot more to it than shown.

Mine is a little understated, appreciate the comment. :D

Mr Lucky, sure do like the reflective door panel. Nice looking & a safety
mod as well.

I don't have much in leather work done yet but....

Here are a few things I have done so far.
sorry for the crappy pictures
IMG_1599.jpg

disregard the beer tap and keg in the back ground (have to have something to brew and drink my brew out of)
IMG_1615.jpg

IMG_1623.jpg

The AH is done also but the center console it out atm because I am working on converting the radio and HVAC over to blue.

Just a little interior upgrade by VetteEssentials.....

CFinterior.jpg

A modest alteration...

Right_Side_Tight.jpg

Z;
Never really cared for a red interior.....until I saw yours...:)....nice job.

I installed the white face gauge overlays.They really look good ,the pic doesn't do it justice.

gauges2.jpg

gauges1.jpg

c5y2k,
Love the blue accents, that would look really cool in my Z06,Z16.
Can you tell me whats involved(total bulb change?)to get that affect..

Jim

Jim, sorry its taking me a while to reply but…

I will try and give credit where it is due. I did not come up with this mod and I followed the lead of others who have written up very good directions on how to do this.

First here is the walk through on how to change the the instrument cluster sides. There is a link at the top of that page of where to get the LEDs

Here is a walk through on the doors.

Here is a great video from DIYGuy on the CF on how to prep the LEDs for the doors, truck release, AH and DIC.

4 - 5mm LED's on drivers door, 2 on passenger door
1 - 5mm LED’s on trunk release
4 - 3mm LED's on left instrument cluster switches
3 - 5mm LED's on right instrument cluster switches
2 - 5mm LED's for traction control

I used 3 - 3mm LEDs for the A4 shift area wired in series. I’ll have to get a picture of this since I had to do some very tight soldering to squeeze in 3 lights into the same area as one. Unfortunately you need to so the light is dispersed evenly. Of course if you are luckly enough to have a manual you can skip this step

>>>The Radio and HVAC are A LOT more involved. I don’t recommend doing them unless you are very comfortable working with PCBs and a soldering iron.<<<

I will again refer to SPDKilz write up on it here. His pictures and walk through are great. I will say that once you get either the radio or HVAC apart you are in custom territory. I did not like the way others have turned out so I did my own thing here.

The radio and HVAC will take 19 LEDs and resistors to do both of them (3mm). I ordered 20 to be on the safe side. This left me with a spare just in case. Note – I did not replace all the lights in the radio or the HVAC because I wanted to keep the red part red on the HVAC and I wanted the pwd on the radio to stay amber. Also I had to go back and color the tips of some of the LEDs with a black sharpie because they where to bright. I recommend testing the brightness with every piece and adjust them as you go. It will save you from tearing the dash out again like I had to do.

You will have to grind down the tip and the sides of some of the LEDs to get them to fit into the holders. Since about 90% of the light coming out of an LED comes straight out the tip I ground all of them down flat. I highly recommend doing the same.

From my experience the doors, truck release, AH plate and DIC where very easy maybe 3 hours from start to finish. The radio and HVAC took about a day.

Disclaimer – I am not liable for any damage or harm or the extra :cool factor that may come from the use of these instructions.

DriversSide2.jpg

PassengerSide.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom