Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

light me up, please

G

gary b.

electrical systems & me don't get along, so i hope you can help. all the outside lights work except the front marker lights ( under headlights). put in a new clear bulb,tried the lights & the clear bulb turned milkey white, & didn't work. also, when i turn on headlights, the turn signal indicators inside both light up . they both blink, left or right outside. when i open drivers door the inside lights don't work, but will work when passenger door is open. also, are all 4 tail lights suppose to light up ? only the 2 outboard one's do. i dont know how to read wiring diagrams, so i hope you can help. it's a 1978 vette. thanks very much! gary.

Front markers,are you sure you didn't get a pair of 6 volt bulbs by mistake.

Turn signels,bad ground in dash

Dome lights, door switch

Tail lights, only 2 outside lights light inner ones are the backup

barrier5

thank's for your help! the bulb's i used are 12 volt, any more ideas? where should i check for a bad ground? Thank's again barrier5! gary

I once had crazy tail lights. They woud be super dim at night and when I pressed on the brake pedal they would alternate back and forth. I found a ground wire that was broke. On my 80 it was in the rear drivers side above the muffler. The connection had rusted loose. I hope this helps. I almost lost my sanity on this one.

Main dash ground is just above the courtesy light on the drivers side
I believe the headlight ground is hooked to the back of the alt.though not sure,cold be why you toast those bulbs ? one other thing to try is to wiggle the plug on the back of the IP,but its a bear to get your hand up there,be prepraed to lose some skin

Thank's mmvette80 & barrier5, i'll try those things as soon as i can.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom