Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Limited Colors

Vetteluver

Corvette
2005 Millennium Yellow Z51
Does anyone know if the color velocity yellow is a limited number production for o6's and sunset orange limited to 05's?

I know that they made Sunset Orange in 05 and about half of the 06 production year. They discontinued Sunset Orange about half way thru 06.

Thanks for responding right away. I'm strongly considering picking up a Sunset Orange coupe soon, and I'd hoped it was a limited number of them around.

Vetteluver, welcome to the CAC.
Get the Sunset Orange! :D
They're still making velocity yellow's (don't know for how long), but they're finished making Daytona Sunset Orange ones. It is a great color.

Tammy

Thanks Tammy for that info. Is there a way to find out how many 05's are Sunset Orange? I luv my black coupe, but it's a boring color to me now, LOL.

Thanks Tammy for that info. Is there a way to find out how many 05's are Sunset Orange? I luv my black coupe, but it's a boring color to me now, LOL.
Yes, if you click on the Tech Center tab up at the top of the page, select your year, and then click on the "Production" link on the next page, you'll get all the stats for a model year.

Here are the stats for 2005. Scroll down to see the numbers and percentages for color options.

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/specs/c6/2005/2005prod.html

Tammy

As you know, I'm new here. Thanks for the help as I learn to navigate my way around the site. This is a great community here with a bunch of useful info.

As you know, I'm new here. Thanks for the help as
I learn to navigate my way around the site. This is a great community here with a bunch of useful info.
:upthumbs
It took me ages to remember where the production stats are.
The interesting thing to me about the 2005 colors is the color called "Red Jewel". I never even heard of that one, and it looks like it was only produced for a very short time, and not across other years. Talk about a low-production color!

yeah, I noticed that color "Red Jewel" and the stats appealed to me. Afraid to ask a dealer about where one might be, good Corvette sales people are hard to find, LOL.

Kinda wished that I helded on to my 78 Pace Car, but it rode like a wagon!

:upthumbs
It took me ages to remember where the production stats are.
The interesting thing to me about the 2005 colors is the color called "Red Jewel". I never even heard of that one, and it looks like it was only produced for a very short time, and not across other years. Talk about a low-production color!

Red Jewel is actually Monterey Red. They started painting some 2005s that color a little early and Red Jewel is the actual name of the color (according to the paint manufacturer) while Monterey Red is the color that Chevrolet gave it when they officially introduced it on the 2006 model.

Red Jewel is actually Monterey Red. They started painting some 2005s that color a little early and Red Jewel is the actual name of the color (according to the paint manufacturer) while Monterey Red is the color that Chevrolet gave it when they officially introduced it on the 2006 model.

Ah! that would explain it then. So, it isn't such a rare color after all :L

Thanks for the info!

Tammy

It might not be rare, but it sure is a beautiful color! In fact if I were lucky enough to be able to order a new C6 right now, it would be in Monterey Red with titanium interior just like this one below:

152n9fd.jpg

I know that they made Sunset Orange in 05 and about half of the 06 production year. They discontinued Sunset Orange about half way thru 06.
What happened ???
They run out of paint ??? :ugh

What happened ???
They run out of paint ??? :ugh

Actually, they didn't discontinue Daytona Sunset Orange halfway through the model run, it was only in about the last 3-4 weeks of production. They most likely did this because they started painting a few cars in Atomic Orange a little bit earlier than the actual beginning of 2007 production, so to make room for that color they needed to eliminate one first (I believe they can only paint a maximum of 8 different colors in Bowling Green right now)

I finally settled on and brought a Millenium Yellow 05 w/Z51, and it's like BAD! I've got Vette fever real bad, LOL. According to the production stats, there were only around 1700 Millenium Yellow coupes and 1500 converts for 05, I think. Now, if I can figure out how to change my profile........forgot my p/w.

Millennium yellow on an 05, VERY good choice :m
Did you get the coupe or convertible?

Are you unable to go to User CP to update your profile?

Tammy

I got a coupe with transparent top....This should keep me happy until i find enough money for a Z06, heh-heh! I'll see if I can find my way to user CP?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom