Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Liquid Glass First Time User

django10000

Corvette
1969 427 390hp Red Convertible
I am considering using Liquid Glass polish for the first time. Actually purchased the $22 can and I think I may try it this weekend. Anyone have any views on this stuff, I've heard great and not so great things about it. Any suggestions on prepping and polishing it the right way? Thanks for the help.

It's been years since I've used the stuff. One thing is for certain, make absolutley sure your in complete shade and out of the sun. I remember when I used it years back, the sun hit a spot I hadn't wiped off yet or missed. What a PITA to remove. But it does leave one heck of a shine when your done!! Good luck!

I use it on all my Vettes, be sure to use their cleaner wax first, it makes a differeence.

I had a 69 ,painted white in 86 and started to use Liquid Glass-like mega coats.I'd say 20 plus coats a year.It gave white depth which is hard to do.It protected against paint chips.I drove the car 200,000 miles plus.Sold the car in 03.I know the new owner and he says every show he goes to he comes in 1st or second.

Down side:if you get it in cracks or badges it's very difficult to get out and it shows.Put it on in the shade ,wipe it off after it drys and let it sun bake for a couple hrs.

For that car and that color it worked well.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom