Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

List of my CFI mods, which works and which doesn't.

nelson84

Corvette
84 Z51 two tone bronze coupe 85 black on black
84 vette CFI mods:

March pulleys
accel rotor & cap
8.8 mm accel wires
ADS chip & 180 stat
random cat
no mufflers
rear Y-pipe with crossover
shift kit
K&N
air pump replacement pulley
throttle performance switch
bosch+4 platinum plugs
Torque thrust 2 wheels
*****in stereo

next mods:

poted intake
1.6 RR

distant future if possible:

Nitrous
3.73 gears

Don't waste your hard earned cash on the throttle performance switch. you can do the same thing by mashing the pedal all the way down.

3.75 gears are a blast! They will , however make 70mph cruising a 2400rpm affair. ZIP products has a box that will correct your speedo, easy to plug in and set.

I already have the Thottle performance switch:eyerole. Is any of the above stuff in airfoil territory?

The TP switch is. It simply makes your ecm think you've given it more throttle. It changes the sotp feel but no true power increase. It's also generally acknowledged that chips are a waste. I have no personal experience with one for the 84, but I did a lot of research including conversations with 2 different retired chevy powertrain engineers who worked on the L83 and L98 and both said not to waste my money. As have others with dyno experience. hope that helps some.

When I installed my chip I noticed when I would slow down around a corner the trans would hold the gear instead of shifting all the time, to me that was worth the $120 for the chip.

If it worked for ya that's great! price wasn't too bad. My trans is kitted and has a 9.5" 3000 stall converter.

What kind of 1/4 mile and 0-60 will I have with out the gears and nitrous?

The one thing I don't want to do to my 84 is butcher it to much, I want to keep it stock looking, with the hood open.

3000 stall? Aren't you missing out on the low end torque, especially with those gears?

If I have the 3.75 gears, how much will my 0-60 be lowered, what are they worth?

Just the intake and rockers we'll get you around 14.2-14.3. You should get into the 13's. I would suggest NGK Iridium plugs over the Bosch +4. I like the NGK's (use em in my bikes too) and the Bosch's have received a less than stellar record with various folks I know in the Vette community.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom