Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Show your crossfire vette & mods.

nelson84

Corvette
84 Z51 two tone bronze coupe 85 black on black
IMG_1692.jpg

Mods: ADS chip, 160 stat, 8.8 accel wires, bosch +4 plugs, K&N, air pump elim., pulleys, accel cap & rotor, shift kit, random cat, muffler eliminators, walker rear y-pipe, throttle performance switch. next mod: port intake, 2" injectors.

Oh boy this could take a while! :L

Engine:

355ci

2" parallel plumbed throttle bodies

90lb/hr (454) injectors

siamesed crossfire intake

Edelbrock performer heads w/ crane 1.5 full roller rockers and guide plates

Trick Flow pushrods

10.3:1 CR (calculated)

Edelbrock 2204 cam:
lift: .537I .545E
duration @ .050: 235I 237E
LSA: 112 deg
overlap @ .050: 12 deg
Timing: 5.5 deg advanced
(yeah she goes "lumpety lump"!)

Hedman long tube headers, ceramic coated inside and out

LT4 fuel pump

1228746 ECM (late 80s early 90s Caprice/F-body) with HAM/Prominator and custom tune (but of course!)

Suspension (Z51):

Polygraphite bushings all around

Entertainment:

Pioneer CD deck, mid/tweeters in the dash, coaxial 6" speakers in doors, triaxial 6x9 speakers in rear, 8" Rockford Phosgate subs behind the seats (storage compartments) driven with Pioneer amp under pass. seat.

Now the thing just needs a paint job!

And who said it was difficult getting power out of a Crossfire? :boogie

Bill, you are a testament to what can be done with these Vettes. Nice collection of mods! :thumb

SAVE THE :w

"testament" is one way to put it...some might not use such a flattering description! :L

Tuning is still a bit of an issue...this old GM computer just ain't cuttin' it!

"testament" is one way to put it...some might not use such a flattering description! :L

Tuning is still a bit of an issue...this old GM computer just ain't cuttin' it!

I haven't done anything to the engine SO FAR..! new ball-joints (Upper and Lower) for the front, Front air intake Modified for better air flow into the hood...New Projector Headlight (Ebay.com) with H4 style Blue white bulbs, LED lighting in the side vents. . .

vin_-_00521__z-51_c4-albums-vette-they-said-under-powered-weak-picture1415-powder-coated-cfi-lid.jpg

Powder coated the CFI cover ( that was the eye candy at the car show this march )

Valve covers are next to be done, along with the Ceramic shorty tube headers with A.I.R tubing

vin_-_00521__z-51_c4-albums-my-c4-picture628-13-rotor-2-piston-caliper-conversion.jpg

13" DBA ( Drilled/Slotted ) rotors with 2-piston PBR Grand Sport Calipers in the Front... in addition to the Stainless Steel Brake lines / Ceramic pads front and rear / Rear 11.5" Aluminum DBA rotors (drilled and slotted )

vin_-_00521__z-51_c4-albums-vette-they-said-under-powered-weak-picture1597-l-83-badge-hood.jpg

Custom-made Hood emblem L-83

vin_-_00521__z-51_c4-albums-vette-they-said-under-powered-weak-picture1358-30th-anniversary-badge-mounted-car.jpg

Custom-made fender emblem ( like the 40th anniversary ZR-1 ) With some personal flair added to it ( Has my Vin# on it )

.. the previous owner slammed it for me , Most of the tuning and the TBI dialing was done by Gulstrand motorsports in California....It still rumbles and roars out of the gate.. and a little loossy-goosy in the rear on dry pavement

1982 Black on Black

Mods done:
1) Cold air mod: Hood flapper removed for full time cold air
2) CFI manifold professionally ported by Steve Simpson: -EGR block off, No EGR hump, reshaped runners, low profile Allen bolt heads under the lid. Looked beautiful.
3) Test pipe
4) Pacesetter monza mufflers -low restriction
5) 85 fuel pump
6) No emissions
7) Timing bumped to 8 degrees base

Coming:
1) Comp Cams 141816 self aligning roller tip rockers
2) Long tube headers and true dual exhaust

Other mods that help:
1) 3.07 rear gear from 2.87
2) Complete tune-up
3) electric fan conversion
4) shift kitted 700R4 (1992 case)

The cars revs much quicker than it used to and has SOTP improvement on acceleration.

Id also like to go with Dart heads, 2030 cam, and maybe a Renegade manifold if I'm feeling saucy, when I get deeper into the motor again-not gonna happen this year.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom