Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Long strange trip...

Corvette
1996 LT4 Collector Edition
Well, I finally finished getting my new B&B 3 inch exhaust system installed. Man, that sounds great! Loud, but great! I could not get the tips to stay where I wanted them though, they kept twisting away from horizontal. Finally had to have some spot welds put on the joints to keep them from moving. All good now!

While I had the car up on stands, I replaced the rear toe-control assemy for the heavy duty unit from Vette Brakes and Products. Definatly makes the rear feel more planted coming out of the corners. Odd though, they had to send me some tubes that were 1 1/2" longer than their standard part. They said some late-year 96 cars had slightly different rear suspension?

I also replaced rear wheel bearings, and all the ball joints and tie rod ends up front.

Lot's of work, but the car really feels solid now!

My main reason for writing is to say THANK YOU to the very helpfull folks I talked to along the way. Rick over at Rick Anthony Motorsports got me a great deal on the B&B exhaust, and provided tech support as well. Thanks Rick! I talked to people at B&B Exhaust and at VB&P as well, and they were great! I wish I remembered their names! Maybe they will chime in.

Back on the road again, just in time for Spring!

Barry

Nice job on all the work. Repair work with mods...that's good timing! Enjoy the new feel...spring is here...YES!

I know I'm a little late on this post, but I just wanted to say thank you! Because with out our customers we wouldn't be here! Enjoy the B&B kit!

-=Rick

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom