Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 Looking at a 96 LT4 ,any advice?

1996 LT4 Topic
Man's ingenuity never ceases to amaze... I like it... free upgrade.

My pleasure on the upgrade....checked with Scoggins-Dickey GM in Houston on line...they have a huge performance department....the gasket talked about is GM # 12367777 and they say it's the replacement for that very flow interference problem...and they're $16.85....I just wrote Corvette magazine to ask if they ever had swapped this and done a dyno later...

;)

I did the seat swap on my daughter's 89 B2, just the bottoms, the hardware wouldn't work on the backs. It was GREAT!

The bottom is the more important part if you can't do both IMHO.

Re: LT4 Comments (good ones)

Cire96 said:

BTW if you replace the intake manifold gasket ( I did) with the GM "off road set", it'll add 15-20 RWHP! It's how GM detuned the car to 330 HP so that it wouldn't overshadow the 345 HP LS1 C5 in 1997. Despite that fact, you'll find that a bone stock LT4 will run with any (non ZO6) C5 up to about 140. At that point, the C5's superior aerodynamics win out!

Cire 96

How did you come up with 15-20HP? That's allot of HP for a gasket change. Second the LT4 is not detuned to 330HP. It actually makes more, around 340-350HP ATFW on average.
I'll start a new thread so i don't high jack this one. I'll show you pics of the updated gasket on the heads, the original gasket on the heads, and the original gasket on the intake manifold. You need to do some porting to really see a big HP gain.

Good Idea............

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom