Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Looking for a fan shroud for my 1974 L82

T

Tomcatt13

Does anyone know a good vendor to get a fan shroud for a 1974 L82? I bought the car without it and the temp runs fine as along as your moving but when you stop in the high heat of Memphis TN area the temp starts climbing slowly.

It is a A/C car not sure if there is a difference in the shrouds for a A/C car or not.

Corvette Central or Zip Corvette should be able to supply you with a fan shroud. Corvette Central currently has a Father's Day free shipping deal that's good until midnight 06/14/2016. Free shipping code is DAD16. Not associated with CC or Zip except as a returning customer.

Back to your fan shroud, I believe that for a 1974, there are two different fan shrouds available - one for all 350 motors and one for all 454 motors, You should check also to see if the fan shroud for your car used a shroud extension. If so, you probably want to add that to your order. I would also suggest getting a shroud seal kit. The seal kit closes off the various gaps & openings around the radiator/radiator support/radiator shroud so that the incoming air flows thru the radiator core and not around the radiator. Also, any shroud mounting hardware you may need should be available.

HTH. Good luck with your project

Corvette Central or Zip Corvette should be able to supply you with a fan shroud. Corvette Central currently has a Father's Day free shipping deal that's good until midnight 06/14/2016. Free shipping code is DAD16. Not associated with CC or Zip except as a returning customer.

Back to your fan shroud, I believe that for a 1974, there are two different fan shrouds available - one for all 350 motors and one for all 454 motors, You should check also to see if the fan shroud for your car used a shroud extension. If so, you probably want to add that to your order. I would also suggest getting a shroud seal kit. The seal kit closes off the various gaps & openings around the radiator/radiator support/radiator shroud so that the incoming air flows thru the radiator core and not around the radiator. Also, any shroud mounting hardware you may need should be available.

HTH. Good luck with your project

Very good information, really appreciate your help.

TJ

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom