Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Looking For Antique Car Tags

Does anyone know a dealer for Virgina Antique car tags? I need a set for my 64 coupe.

Macvette

In case you are not aware of it, did you know that the sale, exchange, transport, or the manipulation of any kind of original Vin tags, is illegal, and a punishable criminal offense. :duh

Anyone dealing in them had better be very careful, otherwise, they will certainly be wearing plastic bracelets to the station house for a long stay.

E-me for info at the following, robert.pelland@cgocable.ca your email is not activated on this site as yet.

Stepinwolf

If you come down to Charlotte NC in September for AutoFair, there is a great chance that you will find a set of VA 1964 license plates for sale by several vendors there.

If you get lucky and keep looking, you can probably find a set of plates on ebay. That's how I found a pristine 1965 NC sample plate for my car.

Macvette

In case you are not aware of it, did you know that the sale, exchange, transport, or the manipulation of any kind of original Vin tags, is illegal, and a punishable criminal offense. :duh

Anyone dealing in them had better be very careful, otherwise, they will certainly be wearing plastic bracelets to the station house for a long stay.

E-me for info at the following, robert.pelland@cgocable.ca your email is not activated on this site as yet.

Stepinwolf

Stepinwolf you might want to read his post a little closer. He is asking for Virginia License plate tags not VIN TAGS. :duh

Macvette, You can find that Wayne Tyler of TAGSRU will be more than helpful. Him and his wife have all of the plates that you could ever want. He has never issued plates that are brand new. His number is 804 749 4641 or email at PL8S@EROLS.COM

Stepinwolf you might want to read his post a little closer. He is asking for Virginia License plate tags not VIN TAGS. :duh

Dave,

One more occasion I missed to mind my own business. In my defense, anytime I see or hear the word " tags ", my mind immediately points to " Vin ".

Sorry once again for the screw-up, usually I never make nistakes. :z

Stepinwolf

If you go to the larger auto swap meets in your state or even flea markets you should be able to find dealers with big boxes of plates on their tables. I picked up a nice pair of 1959 Ohio plates at Auburn a few years ago. I was just looking for nice straight plates since I figured that I'd need to get them restored anyway.

Tom

Thanks Man for the info,That helps a ton,I will contact these folks for a set of license plate's.

Plates

In California you can get vintage plates from DMV. They are actual tags for the year you request. The numbers on the tags are from cars that have been scrapped. Might cjeck with your state DMV to see if they offer that service

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom