Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Looking for C3

Zixxer

Corvette
1982 Red Coupe
Finally taking the plunge to get a C3 and sell my C4 (1996 LT1). I have secured funds and will purchase within the next 30 days.

Looking for an 80-82, almost any color but tan, brown, and light blues. Most important things to me are no history of major accidents...I can live with the front or rear bumpers having been replaced but any fiberglass work is a non starter.

Very pretty car. Someone wanted to by mine a few months ago and I turned them down. Send me an e-mail when your ready...I might be interested

Always ready to sell if someone is interested. I was going to post it on eBay and some local papers after I found the C3 but I certainly wouldn't turn down any reasonable offers. Thanks

81 4-speed , charcoal grey, silver interior - 9900.00

Have a 1981 4-speed, metallic gray. silver interior for sale

Folks, my quest is over. I've found an awesome 1980 Claret Red with about 55K original miles. The seller is a super nice guy who's taken great care of the car. I haven't seen it in person but the close up photos and documentation leaves no doubt about this car. The engine bay is nicer then my 2002 Dodge Ram and I talk care of my stuff.

Hopefully should see the car in the next three weeks....still debating on shipping or flying to east coast and driving it back. I'm 6'5" so a long distance road trip may not be a smart thing. Interestingly enough I fit better in the C3 then a C4. The C3 is narrow but the sloped dash doesn't hit my knees like the C4.

Congrats on the '80- love that color! :beer

Rich

Congrats on the C3 purchase. Funny thing is I actually feel there is more room in my 71 vs the 88 too. Many happy smiles with it!!!! Gotta love those Sharks!!!!:D

Anthony

NEED HELP

Folks, I need some help from a CAC member. My wife, the sensible person, wants me to have someone look at the car prior to purchase....makes total sense but the photos of this car are great. Is there anyone in the greater Pittsburgh, PA actually it's Export, PA which is 20 miles away, can go look at this car for me???

Zixxer said:
Folks, I need some help from a CAC member. My wife, the sensible person, wants me to have someone look at the car prior to purchase....makes total sense but the photos of this car are great. Is there anyone in the greater Pittsburgh, PA actually it's Export, PA which is 20 miles away, can go look at this car for me???

If you can't find anyone here that can take a look at it, try doing a search on the web for a corvette club in that area, and see if someone from the club will take a look at it. I'd offer someone $100.00 to take a look. It might save you a lot more in the long run.

If you can't find a vette club, see if you can have someone from a local Chevy dealership take a look at it for you. Good luck! -John

Photos always make a car look great. My 71 photographs extremely well but upon getting close to the paint you can see some spider cracks on the hood. The last thing you want to do is buy something totally unseen. If you cant find someone in the CAC arena you may want to consider using an inspection company. I used one and was quite satisfied. They dont come cheap but can be quite thorough. I think it was under 400 bucks and I received a detailed report on my car with tons of pics. I used a company called Buyer Services International. They can be found at www.automobileinspections.com or 860-456-4048. If you need shipping for the car I used Fed-Ex Custom Critical Care Transport. They came in the cheapest than all the others. They have both covered and uncovered transport services. Best of luck to you!!! :_rock

Anthony

Black 79 L82 4-Speed 35K Miles

Zixxer said:
Finally taking the plunge to get a C3 and sell my C4 (1996 LT1). I have secured funds and will purchase within the next 30 days.

Looking for an 80-82, almost any color but tan, brown, and light blues. Most important things to me are no history of major accidents...I can live with the front or rear bumpers having been replaced but any fiberglass work is a non starter.

Not exactly what you are looking for but, take a peek:
http://home.comcast.net/~79blackcoupe/
Happy New Year!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom