Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

looking for co-axial cable from antenna to radio...

D

DHOUGHTON

looking for coax from antenna to radio?

I cant find the end of this wire near the radio after fishing aroud under the dash on both sides. I did find a shielded wire that is sort of flat and is wrapped in tape not the usually rubber coating. It has a pink wire and a black wire that are wrapped with it and follow it. It looks as though it goes into the car body near the drivers door and heads to the rear. THey travel under the driver dash and over to the passenger dash area and then towards the
stereo area. If this is it I guess I could patch into it. If I could only trace it to the end. Any thoughts?

Dennis

The FACTORY antenna wire

SHOULD be coming up the Left hand pillar heading twds the power antenna. The moulded junction is about 1/2 way down the where the rear glass is UNDER the fiberglass ( you will have to pull a little carpet back ) Just fwd of the edge of the 6X9 grille.

The front wire should be right there in the pocket for the radio....

OH WAIT it's a 90 seperate tuner module

Ummmm you have to open the right rear cargo hatch it's down there ( seperate tuner module) you will see the silver box with the ant connector ( L bend in connector and 3 connectors on the top) ...... the routing is different is comes from the RH cargo compartment and loops around the rear to get to the power antenna.

Sorry for the confusion..... but I'm NOW 100% sure about this.

From 1990 to 1996 the "Head unit" had the CD/Cass & display & tuner controls in the dash. The FM brains/tone controls & preamp outs were in this 2nd box... so stealing the radio ( By it self) could not be made to function... made it less attractive for theives.

Vig!

Silver box? Has Bocsh name on it? Found wire in dash.

Vigman,
I did find the antenna coax wire. I am so use to the appearance of professional coax that it thru me when I found a shielded bundle of three wires wrapped in tape. I am presuming that this must be it. What else would be shielded? I found the silver box in the drivers side storage area behind the seat. There is a huge bundle of wires in a 90 degree connector going into it. It sure doesnt look like an audio device. It has the BOSCH name on it.

One step closer. Thanks

Keep looking twds side

I think your looking @ the ABS module the radio box is mounted on the side Twds outside of car.

Vig!

www.carstereohelp.com I have tunes!

The silver box is called a CDM. On the 90-93 coupe and convertables it is found under the passenger lower dash panel (plastic). It takes a little doing but the removal of this box isnt too bad, just be patient. The real antenna wire that goes directly to the antenna plugs into it in one corner away from the other 5 wire harnesses that go into it. There is no mistake as to which wire it is. Just needed to buy a little adapter to hook up to the Kenwood and---- music to my ears. If anybody needs a great source for specific car stereo questions, pictures, schematics I found an incredible site. www.carstereohelp.com they have pictures of the removal process with full directions.

Thanks for all the help.

Marathoner

To Weird

That location information came out of a 1993 Shop manual!

Sorry

Vig!

Car Manuals and the IRS

VIG,
They keep changing the rules every year for their own job security. Thanks again.

Marathoner

The antenna and the harness connections plug into the tuner module on the right side of the passenger dash (looking from the top). If your under the dash in the car its up in there in front of the bottom fuse panel towards the front carpeted part of the dash. Harness connections and the antenna plug-in point are on the "outer" side of the module. Three connections for the radio and the motorola connector for the antenna. It's a pain in the ass. If you remove the air vent below the glove box (two screws) you will see your antenna wire running right to left. (tuner box to drivers-side on its way to the rear of the car) You'll need a flash light to see it. I can tell you more but I'll save that for a response if you need it.

Spiderman :w

ALL FIXED-THANKS

wHAT A GREAT HELP EVERYBODY WAS.

THANKS,

MARATHONER

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom