Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Looking for help in buying a 1973

C

C56spd

A friend of mine has informed me that he is finally going to sell his 1973 454 Convertible.

What would be the price range of the following:
1973 Corvette Convert w/454 (LS4), 4 speed, hardtop also included, ac (compressor and condensor are not on presently) 45,000 miles, 454 has been bored .60 over and has open chamber ported big heads, daytona suspension, greenwood flares
The car has 3 small areas that need glass work. Could use a brake upgrade. Also, needs a paint job (what would this cost).

I don't plan on restoring this to orig. as it is heavily modified, but I want it to look good and drive good.

Thanks

According to VetteSet, the car as a Driver, convertible, with 4 spd and LS4 is worth approx. $16,500. Of course, this is strictly subjective, the car is really worth whatever someone pays for it!

I have a 73 vert too (L82 retro though) which needs brakes and paint, and that's going to run me about $5k, so keep that in mind for the "future value" offsetting the initial expense (remember "margins" from Econ. class?) :)

Keep in mind also, IIRC, the 454's are pretty much done if they've been bored .060" over. If it needs any more, then sleeving is the next step, and that can be a whole different nightmare.

hth,
Paul

73Vert said:
According to VetteSet, the car as a Driver, convertible, with 4 spd and LS4 is worth approx. $16,500. Of course, this is strictly subjective, the car is really worth whatever someone pays for it!
Hummm, not familiar with VetteSet, where/what are they?

As for the $16,500 price, most of these prices are for original cars. This one is "heavily modified" and has "greenwood flares". To me those would be deductions from the value unless that is what floats your boat.

The only real value of any car is what a willing seller and a willing buyer agree to :)

tom...

Thank you Tom73 and 73Vert for the info. While the greenwood flares may be radical for some, I fell in love with this car when it first came together. The sound of the 467 with side pipes and muscular stance. At the same time, I don't want to be dumb and buy it at a price that is too high. I could have the flares removed before the paint job, but I am leaning against it.

Thanks again!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom