Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Looking for local power steering rebuilder

L

LLR

Is there someone who can recommend a rebuilder in the Dallas area for the valve, cylinder, and pump for the power steering on a '63? Many places offer these parts already rebuilt, but I would rather keep my own parts.

LLR

:welcome

Mike (Stingray6974) used to be on staff here at the CAC back in the early days before his buiness made a very busy man out of him. He really knows his stuff. I don't know the other place but it's nice to have a choice. Let us know how this comes out whichever shop you use.

Tom

Great tip Tom. Someone else answered the phone because Mike was out chasing parts. She gave me his cell instead of taking my name and number. You know how that can go. Talking on a cell just isn't the same as if he were back at the office, but he took all the time in the world to explain the process so I felt good enough about the conversation I didn't even call the other reference. We're going to do the brakes while he does the steering parts so there is no rush on getting the parts back. He does not do the rebuilding himself but he does gauranty we will get the original parts back which is what I,m most concerned about. Thanks again for the tip.

I was just agreeing with KOPBET on his recommendation. Tell Mike I said Hi.

Tom

Hi Mike,

I was looking at my Sharkfest pictures the other day and found one of you. Do you remember what it was ? :D

Hi Tom,

By any chance is there a blonde in the picture?:dancenaughty

Mike

As a matter of fact, yes. :upthumbs Should I show the world?

BTW A couple of years ago I was sure that I had a p/s leak on the '81. The cylinder and lines were oily but the reservoir never went down. I thought I needed new flexible lines but I power washed the whole area and it never got oily again. It seemed to be a little far forward to be oil from the valve cover leaking but it must have been. Now I see that I have vc leaks again. I think I'll use those new Fel Pro gaskets with the bolt hole spacers that don't allow you to over tighten them. They aren't supposed to shrink either.

Hi Tom,
Show it if you must.LOL. You probably wouldn't reconize me now.
Mike

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom