Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Looking for recomended parts suppliers for C2's

bobmanx

Corvette
1967 White Convert. 327/350hp, 4 spd, with A/C
Ok everyone out there in the C2 fraternity, where can a new C2 Vette owner get parts that will keep the C2 looking close to stock, but not have me selling the house to get it on the road and reliable? Who's good and who's to be avoided, in your humble opinions only? I dont want to start a war, just curious, who has had good results from who/where. Thanks for the opinions.
Bob

Ive had great luck with paragon. They seem pretty helpful, quick delivery etc. Been happy with the look and finish of the parts ive ordered so far.

I make no claims about best price, but I've bought a ton of stuff from Zip Corvette and Vette Brakes & Products. No complaints on any of the parts yet.

I've heard lots of good reports about Long Island Corvette too.

Bob.. this is a new adventure for me as well

In So CAL...
the Pomona swap meet ( 1st sunday every month) Big Vette doings there ALL YEARS!

J&D Corvette in Bellflower. ( have to find #)
They also have a web site.

I think part of the trick is to find later year stuff
C-3.. that will work on out cars.... main suspension parts, heavy duty stuff..

But for little parts NEW.. were trapped in the catalogs... But it's not as bad as you think.. it WILL nickle & dime you to death however.

Vig~

Hey... go to the chat room! 7:30 West cost time

Vig!

Thanks guys, Fit, finish and durability are at the top of the list, then comes price. and since we are dealing with a car that may or may not have all the parts manuals intact, I hope to have some confidence in the person that I'm talking to when ordering parts. I dont even mind sending pictures of parts that I need, when trying to order new replacement parts. It helps to be able to fill that visual guide as needed.
Bob

Bob, there's a guy here in Torrance, Scott Kempkins of the Fiberglass Body, that has, or has access to, just about anything you would need for the C2 as well as all of the other generations. Check him out at Corvette Parts and Salvage (call the CoPS). :upthumbs

Another person, Carlos Vivas of C&S Restoration, who specializes in mid-years mainly, will be able to get anything you would want for the C2. Of course, he is top drawer material (his restorations have been shown all over), so he doesn't come cheap. ;)

Carlos is based in Torrance
  • C&S Restorations
    23206 Mariposa
    Torrance, CA 90502

Scott's information can be found on his web site. ;)

_ken :w

Vig, where's the chat room? what is it listed under?
Thanks Bob

I have collected a bunch of catalogs from all the big suppliers such as Mid America, Ecklers, Paragon and others. Just do some internet searching and look in the major Vette magazines and order all the catalogs you can collect. When I needed a new stock aircleaner I compared all and picked the best deal. I have found that when I have a need for a part or parts I can either find them in my collection or by internet searching. I just got a stinger stripe stencil to paint a black stinger on my 67 bigblock hood by searching the internet. I placed my order and it arrived in one week. I have not found any company I am unhappy with and my main factor on who to place my order with has been price. If you have specific needs you can always post here on CAC and get input from other members. I have found this very usefull for hard to find parts. Just build your library and you will have no problem finding ANYTHING you need. Good Luck.....Kerry

Dont feel bad Vig, it wont work for me either. Maybe you broke it! LOL
Bob

I got in -- no problem. Did you click "Yes" when asked if you wanted the Java applet? Vig's had this problem before, but he's on a Mac, right Mike? :L

Ken, it did not even ask for a click or a applet download. Am I computer challenged? and I'm not on a Mac. IBM Clone.
Thanks Bob

Now that I have the cookie on my computer for the day, I can't tell you exactly what it says because it doesn't pop up now. :L

Anyhow, there should be a pop-up window appear that asks you if you wish to allow a Java applet to something or other..., and you'd normally ckick "Yes", then it proceeds to download the CajunChat thing. Clear as mud? :L

:L "Thing!!??" Geez, I'm runnin' outta woids I guess. ;LOL

Ken, seeing as you are special, and the chat room let you in and will not let us (Vig & I in) who do we have to bribe? Opps, I mean contact to allow us to enter the chat room? LOL Do you know the password and the bouncer? I promise that we will play nice with others, Right Vig?....... Vig?
Thank for the help!
Bob

Ken I bought a PC for 2 reasons

1) To chat @ CAC

2) To help my kids translate/ transfer files from school to their mac's.

And I still have to say.. that PC's running windows are the SLOWEST KLUNKIEST CHRYSLER POWERED POS things I have ever dealt with!

And the site WAS down a bit ago.. so I left..

and went to the NEW In & Out burger down the street..

Ah a double-double & a chocolate shake...

Life IS better..now!~

Vig!

You know everytime a PC crashes.. a cattle prod SHOULD go off under Bill Gates chair... THEN you would start seeing improvements!

At this point, I don't know what to tell you except hang in there and wait for Rob. Do you have your browser set up to accept cookies from the CAC? If so, is allowing Java applets checked as well? You'll need to do that. It must be in the way you have your privacy set up on your computer. :confused

DOUBLE-DOUBLE!! Damn, now I'm really hungry, and the closest is about four miles of unnecessary traffic away! :cry

Bob, I've found the best all-around C2 parts supplier is Long Island Corvette Supply (all they handle is 63-67 parts), and have also had excellent service from Paragon (local to me), Corvette Central, The Last Detail, and Dr. Rebuild. Haven't dealt with Zip, and gave up on Eckler's many years ago.
:beer

I recommend Paragon. Quality parts and I have had no problems with their serive.

Bob

Ken, I think you miss understood

The CAC chat site WAS down for a breif period

But after Double Double consumption... AHHHHH

And after the PC rant.

I was able to get back on...

Alas no one was there....

Sometimes... things just quit.

So getting ready for another thrill packed day of BOAT PREP... The MOVIE!

Vig!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom