Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Looking for shop for engine swap

Eric76

Corvette
1976 Black (Custom paint) Coupe
Help! I've been searching for a qualified shop to do an engine swap on my 76. I'm in New York (Manhattan) so looking in NJ/NY/CT.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

This is virtually a complete cut-and-paste from another post about paint..but it applies...:) Also I DON'T work for this shop - just a happy client.

Try Classic Restorations in Sloatsburg (about 45 mins. north of NYC). Their website is http://www.classicresto.com. They don't have many 'vettes up on the site right now, but I know the shop well and they do loads - in fact they have two in right now. Plus, the owner of the place (Melvin) drives an '03 Z06 and a '78 Pace Car, so you know you're in sympathetic hands.

They've done a bunch of engine swaps for me - in fact three on one car (!!!) ...the lead mechanic at the shop now is one of the most particular and meticulous technicians I've ever encountered. His work borders on artistry.

You can visit my '69 427/400 there now.

They are not cheap, but in my experience they manage to hit budget and deadline (barring surprises after stripping - ask me someday about my '71 GTO!), and the place is a gas to visit...a dozen or so museum-worthy pieces at any particular time.

Good Luck,
-Thom

--
Still working on sig - later this week!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom