Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Looking for some extra sound........

Tommy Almond

Corvette
I am still running the stock mufflers on my '81 and thinking of changing to get a little more rumble in the rear so where better to ask about the best out there but here in the '81 forum? What do you guys think is the best swap out of mufflers to give me some more roar? Not looking to raddle the windows, just a deeper throaty sound.
While here I wish each of you a merry Christmas and do remember the reason for the season, it was about a birth, not about gifts. :upthumbs

I put magnaflos on mine,nice sound,not overwhelming.:thumb

Flowmasters, Look up some different types posted on u-tube at least than you can get an idea of what they may sound like

Had some dynomax mufflers, sounded like dark brown belgium beer! Now have stainless dynomax ultraflows, not as dark brown but still nice :)

Greetings Peter

Cherry Bomb Glass Packs???????

Anyone run these on the '81? Looking at some u-tube videos they are beast of a sound just wondering if too loud when down the road? :mad

Glass packs sound like *ss! pro flows or a good turbo muffler should do it.

I had Flowmaster Delta 50's on mine along with full length headers and the sound was spectacular when you stomped on the gas yet very manageable when cruising around. Highly recommend these.

............ nut :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom