Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

looking for Tony K

You have email.

'59 Registry Reunion #3 Tony K Finds His '59

In February of 2004, I had the opportunity to speak with a CAC member, "TonyK", regarding his '59 Corvette- He mentioned how he sold the car sometime around 1980, and always hoped one day to find out where she ended up, in hopes of being able to buy her back. Last location he'd heard it wound up at was either in MN, or in the vicinity of the mid-west somewhere. The car he owned was car #6490.

As of this week, doing my routine searches across the Web, the car managed to pop up on eBay. And its location? Jackson, Missouri (just where the prior owner had heard thru the grapevine it ended up at). TonyK has reached out to the current seller of the car, and is hoping to at least speak with the current owner to provide them with the history on the car, as well as possibly make arrangements to re-acquire the car one day.

This event was another exciting moment for me, as it has helped to reconnect yet another '59 Corvette with traces of its past. In this particular scenario, TonyK even mentioned to me that the prior owner of the car before him was Ron Kapps (sp?) of the NHRA.. Talk about history!!

I'd like to thank the staff of CAC for helping this reunion take place, specifically Tom Bryant for helping to think "outside the box" when TonyK's contact information was no longer being displayed. As I've said before: '59 owners, just give me a little time- sooner or later I'm going to find out about YOUR '59! Stay tuned..

Best Regards,

Jim

You found me, you found the "tater". Ron White what a guy !

See the other posting by Jim. There's a little history there !

TK

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom