Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Looking to buy a 1994-1996 Corvette

Steamer

Corvette
Looking to buy a 1994-1996 Corvette for $13.k

I'm looking to purchase a 1994-1996 Corvette - preferably a 6 speed - for around 13.k -I live in the Pittsburgh area but I am willing to travel for the right car.
You can also contact me at this email address: JEANNINEB57@YAHOO.COM

Thanks-
Bob

Hi Steamer....what part of the Pittsburgh area ya from? Greensburg here. I have a 94 vette that I've been thinking about selling,or trading in for a C5. It's not a 6 speed though. Welcome to the CAC. :w

That's a steal!!!!!!!

For $10,000 be real carefull, remember you get what you pay for and it's not cheap when you are having problems with a vette. You would be better off finding the latest year in the best condition for that kind of money.

If that amount is tight you would better off buying an earliar year with a couple grand in your pocket to fix it. Remember **** happens.

Alan

I wasn't offering mine for $10,000, I was just saying "hi" to another Pittsburgh guy. If I were to sell mine, I'd want more than 10k. Sorry if I caused any confusion.

;) Remember now a 94 is an eleven year old car now.....here is Tennessee you can find newer models for that much....good luck and check around.....they are there....;)

Hey ReefDiver... I'm from a town called Natrona Heights off of Route 28.

Does anyone think I can purchase a 94 (in decent shape) in that price range... or am I just dreaming?...

I've sat in the earlier C4 models, but my knees were hitting the dashboard because I'm 6'4" :L ... I sat in some 94s and they seem to have more leg room.

Thanks for the info guys, I'll keep searching.

Search, search, search the internet. Read the Post-Gazette and Tribune-Review classifieds. Pick up those free ad booklets in the Giant Eagle.
By the way, I live right off of Rt. 19 in Bethel Park (near Upper St. Clair and Mt. Lebanon).

I, too, am in the market for a 'vette. Looking for a white convertible with a hard top, grey interior, 1990-1993, with less than 50,000 miles, and relatively close. I will probably have to expand my search criteria. Ya think?

Keep looking. The market selection will greatly expand in the spring and summer.

Good luck

The least expensive 94 in decent shape I have seen is 15K with 103K Miles on it!

Where have you been looking????????

A 94 with 50,000 miles couldn't bring 15k in minto condition.

Alan

kingman said:
A 94 with 50,000 miles couldn't bring 15k in minto condition.

Alan

I was recently offered $18,500 for my mint condition '95 ZF6 speed, FX3 shocks,loaded, competition yellow/blk/blk vert...all stock and original except for the K&N/open lid...but I don't want to sell it at the present time...go try and find one for that price...only 1003 made....:D

???????????????????????

While competition yellow is a great color and my first choice when l was looking it does bring a premium of 1000-1500 plus to the bottom line. The manual also brings more bucks.

And if your mileage is in the 35,000 miles area you could probably get that number in minto condition. But if your mileage is over 50,000 miles then l would jumb at anything over $17,000 because you are approaching C5 territory at your magic number. And that is even with the rag top. In my humble opinion your vette is worth more but you just have to get lucky with the right buyer.

A 96 Lt4 is the C4 to have in any color and l almost forgot the GS, but without low miles it's all mental masturbation.

Good luck

Alan

Late August, I bought my super cherry 94 Z07 (97K on the clock) for $11,500 not far from PA, in northern VA. They are there, you just have to look.

kingman said:
While competition yellow is a great color and my first choice when l was looking it does bring a premium of 1000-1500 plus to the bottom line. The manual also brings more bucks.

And if your mileage is in the 35,000 miles area you could probably get that number in minto condition. But if your mileage is over 50,000 miles then l would jumb at anything over $17,000 because you are approaching C5 territory at your magic number. And that is even with the rag top. In my humble opinion your vette is worth more but you just have to get lucky with the right buyer.

A 96 Lt4 is the C4 to have in any color and l almost forgot the GS, but without low miles it's all mental masturbation.

Good luck

Alan
========================================================
But I guess I didnt mention the new stuff also...$1200 worth of Firestone Firehawk SGZ50's, new Optispark $560, New water pump(GM)$285, new spark wires$60, complete set of new stainless steel brake lines(made to order at $900...eek), replaced all four calipers and rotors(GM) $900 (10k miles ago, new GM radiator $400, all new halfshaft universal joints $150, new rear leaf spring $325....then the labor to put all that stuff on at $90 /hr...:W all this stuff cost thousands......

And, just think, I have a 96 Artic White with tan, 32,000 miles, full warranty, new tires and loaded and I could not get a bite above 14,900 a few months ago. Purchased a new c-6 and am really pleased with the upgrades. Guess it is time to put it back up for sale!

any 6 speed pulls more than auto. 6-speed verts are pretty rare, and pull much more $$... the best deal on a C4 is an automatic coupe...

the reason why the comp. yellow 6-speed got offered so much is the desire and rareness of the car. They probably only made a handful of yellow 6 speed verts total:)

Hi Steamer
Live in Canonsburg (home of Bobby Vinton and Perry Como) and dealers have em. Stick with one that will give you a 30 day warranty. C Harper is about the best around. Don't go to used car dealer. 3rd party ok if super clean and has some kind of records on matain...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom