Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Looking to buy a C5

Govette77

Corvette
1977 Black Coupe
Hi All
Got a '77 and am now looking for a C5 coupe, manual gearbox. Is there a best year for the C5's or are all equally good? In buying used, what are some problem areas that if they showed up, I'd be best to walk away? Is there a certain milage at which things start to get really expensive? In short, help me become savy with this series.
Thanks in advance.

Hi All
Got a '77 and am now looking for a C5 coupe, manual gearbox. Is there a best year for the C5's or are all equally good? In buying used, what are some problem areas that if they showed up, I'd be best to walk away? Is there a certain milage at which things start to get really expensive? In short, help me become savy with this series.
Thanks in advance.

Hello and welcome to the CAC . :beer
There are numerous threads on this , here is one I ran across. I hope it helps !
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101719&highlight=buying+c5

Thanks....a good start and the fact that no problems were mentioned by those who posted may be indicative!
D

Hi All
Thanks in advance.

As I tell everyone, buy the newest with the lowest miles that you can afford!

Elaine

If you are planning to go FI, look for a good '98 (the last year of the return-line fuel system). Otherwise, look for a nice 2001 or later (they benefitted from improved cam profile and intake manifold).

You can't go wrong with any good condition C5.

GoVette77: Call Rich at D & M Corvette 630 968 0031--he's a recognized Vette expert and a retired NCRS Judge. He won't blow smoke up your tail pipe. He'll give it to ya straight! Tell him Bob from Lake of the Ozarks told ya to call him. I did lots of checking before I bought my black 01 coupe. Rich was an invaluable source of "honest" info and recommendations. Call him---you'll be glad ya did! Good luck!
Bob

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom