Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Looking to upgrade C4 to C7

JohnnyC

Corvette
1996 Black Coupe - LT4
I currently have a black 1996 LT4 6-spd that is very near 200,000 miles. It's been a great daily driver for me the past ~18 years, but I just can't keep up with mounting problems and i'm no longer willing to deal with them.

I'm looking to upgrade to a C7! Not new, but maybe a 2014-2015.

I was just curious of everyone's experiences (good and bad), problems, performance, things they wish were different, etc. before i pull the trigger.

Had a 2014 for 2 years, never a problem.

I did a similar thing, well sort of. I had a 1992 C4 that I sold with about 124,000 miles on it and upgraded to a black C5. I drove that as a daily driver as well until last year. I upgraded to a 2014 C7 Z51 with the 7 speed.

The 2014 is just an awesome car. You will be really impressed. They made a lot of improvements over those years, especially going to the C7. It's more refined but also a beast. I found my C5 was not much of a performance upgrade from the C4, but the C7 is a significant performance upgrade. I just love the vehicle. Nice having some of the modern stuff too, like bluetooth for your phone and a backup camera.

The only problem I've had was... the 2014 coupe was plagued with a roof rattle problem. There's a solution which is posted on this forum which involves replacing the guide pins. It cost me a few hundred to get the dealer to do it, but it worked perfectly and the roof is now silent. Other than that all I've done is change the oil, and enjoy the ride.

Good luck searching!!

Night and Day between C4 and C7.

You'll have the C7 for a week then start kicking yourself for not having done that sooner.

Went from a 96 to a 16. Mine was the base Coupe; into a new 16 base convertible. As someone said, Night & Day. The 16 (over the 15) gives you Apple Car Play, along with (I don't think the 15 had front cameras) the front cameras. The 96 on it's best day was a slug compared to the 16. And, much quieter, comfortable ride and outstanding handling.

The 16 has been perfect from Day 1...not a single issue...even with the A8. This is a terrific transmission, despite all the BS I read about it.

Last edited:
Went from a 96 to a 16. Mine was the base Coupe; into a new 16 base convertible. As someone said, Night & Day. The 16 (over the 15) gives you Apple Car Play, along with (I don't think the 15 had front cameras) the front cameras. The 96 on it's best day was a slug compared to the 16. And, much quieter, comfortable ride and outstanding handling.

The 16 has been perfect from Day 1...not a single issue...even with the A8. This is a terrific transmission, despite all the BS I read about it.

That's a nice jump into a great car.
Would love to see some pics if you've got 'em !
Congrats and enjoy!!
:beer

Last edited:
Here's 2 pics

Attachments

• C7-2016-1.jpg
    C7-2016-1.jpg
    555.5 KB · Views: 184
  • C7-2016-3.jpg
    C7-2016-3.jpg
    351.5 KB · Views: 182
Beautiful car...love the color combo!

My 2015 does not have a front camera.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom