Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Looks like I'm the first from Atlantic Canada

Carver81

Corvette
1981 "What seems to be the problem officer" Yellow
Hey there,

Just joined the CAC after reading many of the posts over the past month. I bought my 1981 a year ago from my Father who owned it since new. Wanted to keep it in the family. Now on the hunt for an '01 convertible with the same colour (yellow on camel/tan interior). The goal is to have an '81, an '01 and eventually a 2021 to keep 'em all 20 years apart.

I can't believe I would be the first person in the forums from Atlantic Canada. Let's here from ya!

Your all set with this group.I've been across the big bridge a few times in a Corvette.Just south of you coming up soon is the Atlantic Nationals in Moncton.It's the best car show i've ever been to .I'd be heading your way but i'm temp. between Vetts.

The Atlantic people are the best i've ever met Welcome warmly and I mean it.
Oh,i'm from northern Maine

smilies-42650.png

Welcome Carver! Actually you aren't the first member from PEI - but I'll let the other member post their own introduction.

Enjoy the forums!
:wJane Ann

YEP - Yellow Corvette's Rule...

...Welcome to the :CAC

BTW - Post a few pictures of your Vette when ya have some spare time! :beer

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter

Looks like I'm the first from Atlantic Canada

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey there,

Welcome Carver to CORVETTE ACTION CENTER, glad to have you abroard.

Bill :w

Hey there,

Just joined the CAC after reading many of the posts over the past month. I bought my 1981 a year ago from my Father who owned it since new. Wanted to keep it in the family. Now on the hunt for an '01 convertible with the same colour (yellow on camel/tan interior). The goal is to have an '81, an '01 and eventually a 2021 to keep 'em all 20 years apart.

I can't believe I would be the first person in the forums from Atlantic Canada. Let's here from ya!
I guess that means you're looking for a yellow '61 too? Gotta love those old solid axles!

I know of a couple of other CAC members from Atlantic Canada... including myself although I've been "transplanted" to Vancouver for a few years. I used to have family in Cornwall but they moved into Ch'town a few years back.

Welcome to the CAC!!

-Mac

Hey thanks for the kind words of welcome...and so many of them. Pictures of the car are being posted soon!

Carver81

Pics of my 1981 from Prince Edward Island

Hey ya'll

Here are some pics of my C3. Has anyone ever changed their 2-1-2 exhaust on an 81 to run it stright back to the mufflers on both sides? This would eliminate the catalytic converter.

Thanks again for the kind welcome.

welcome to CAC!!!!
hope you enjoy the vette as well as the forums...
be sure to check out the l-81 registry,and register your '81 if you haven't already'''

upjohn, the grommets are for a 'roof panel carrier' that was an option between '80 and '82....

Grommets/Screw holes on back of my 81 Vette

Just as the above post mentioned, the holes there are for a roof rack for carrying the T-Top roof panles. I use it all the time as it gives me all the space in the back I need when I take the roof off. If you want I can take some pics of the rack itself and post them.

So you can take this rack on and off as you want to use it; is that correct? I remember the carrier but I thought it was a luggage rack I guess and didn't know it came off and on that easy; ;shrugor is this something else that was an option?

:upthumbsChoice looking yellow Vette for sure!

Bill,

The roof rack is not the chrome unit you may be thinking of. Mine is black plastic and consists of a center main piece, and two other pieces, with one attaching on each side where you can see a black grommet just above the rear wheel well.

The roof panels then rest on these units and are held down with straps. It's very simple, but very effective.

Bill,

The roof rack is not the chrome unit you may be thinking of. Mine is black plastic and consists of a center main piece, and two other pieces, with one attaching on each side where you can see a black grommet just above the rear wheel well.

The roof panels then rest on these units and are held down with straps. It's very simple, but very effective.

Never seen one of these before, :cool must be pretty rare. Do you just put it on when you want to use it?

Thanks,

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom