Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Loose Door Mirror

72VETTE454

Corvette
1972 Convertible LS5 4spd
I've looked at previous posts on this subject. I removed the glass and used a hammer and punch to tighten up the two rivets that secure the strap to hold the mirror steady. Unfortunately, I went a bit too far and the heads of the rivets are damaged and started to fall apart:mad. Maybe this fix was done before;shrug. Anyway, I am looking for replacement rivets for the inside of the mirror and I'm having absolutely no luck. Does anybody know where I can find them?

Same problem on my 76. I am going to do away with the rivets and put in some screws and loctite. . Pretty sure they won't come loose. My mirror only held position after the last fix till my son got in the car and moved it all over the place. that was about a week. Also thinking about center punching the ball a few times to rough it up a bit. good luck tryin to find a rivet.

I've looked at previous posts on this subject. I removed the glass and used a hammer and punch to tighten up the two rivets that secure the strap to hold the mirror steady. Unfortunately, I went a bit too far and the heads of the rivets are damaged and started to fall apart:mad. Maybe this fix was done before;shrug. Anyway, I am looking for replacement rivets for the inside of the mirror and I'm having absolutely no luck. Does anybody know where I can find them?

This is just an off the cuff suggestion, I'm not familliar with the exact type of rivet you need but these guys might have them. Type in "rivet" in their search window.

http://www.mcmaster.com/

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom