Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Loss of power

garys86

Corvette
1986 White coupe
Hey all, I was driving back from Redding in my 86 coupe and after a couple of hours airing her out I suddenly lost power and had to take the first off ramp wherew she would barely run & didn't respond to pumping the gas. I had to have her towed home to Sacramento (38 miles) anyway what do you think my course of action should be? Start with fuel filter, fuel pump, computer relay?
Thanks,
Gary

Hey all, I was driving back from Redding in my 86 coupe and after a couple of hours airing her out I suddenly lost power and had to take the first off ramp wherew she would barely run & didn't respond to pumping the gas. I had to have her towed home to Sacramento (38 miles) anyway what do you think my course of action should be? Start with fuel filter, fuel pump, computer relay?
Thanks,
Gary

Check the basics.

Check ECM for stored codes
Fuel Pressure
Spark

Thanks,
Gary

With no other information, my first thought was cats.

Are your's original?

Will it run at slower speeds and progressively get worse the longer you run?

Does the tach go up but with no corresponding increase in power?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom