Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Lost a center hub!

Corvette
1981 Dark Blue Metallic, 2003 AE coupe
Washing the car the other day and found that I've parted with my right rear center hub. :confused Any nice folks out there have a spare '81 hub for the factory alluminum wheels? Email me and let me know your terms. :) Thanks!
mike.knichel@gel.com
Mike

I don't have an extra but I know what you are talking about. I had to replace 2 so far when they fell off. Some of them just don't fit very tight. From Chevy you had to buy the cap and emblem seperately. I don't know if GM still sells them though. Haven't looked at Ecklers or anyone else lately.

Tom

Wheel centers always seem to be available on ebay, though you have to buy a complete set of four.

Later,
LannyL81
Tucson, AZ

If you buy a shiny new set of four, keep me in mind for one of the three old ones, I'm missing one too. I've seen (bid on) single ones and they tend to go high, you could probably make more off of the other three than the four would cost you.

Craig

I had the tabs start to break off one of my originals. I ordered a replacement from one of the big vendors and the new versions are not exact copies of the originals.

Close enough for government work apparently applies. They all look alike at 70 mph!

Later,
JU

I found someone selling several years center hubs on ebay. They were only $11 each with the emblem. :) I got two so if they don't match what I have, at least the two on each side will look the same. He had a pretty good price for a set of four, but only three available, so there's one left. The GM replacements at MAD were like $40 bucks a piece and another $30 for the emblem. That's a couple tanks of gas! Thanks for the help.

H3 :w

Eckler's has them under part number 20370 for the cap @ $7.99 ea. and part number A2414C for the emblem @ $23.99 ea. They appear to be exaxtly like my originals.

GM Parts Direct has the emblem GM PART # 474312 showing a GM retail price of $34.19 and their price of $20.20.

They show the cap GM PART # 14018398 showing the GM retail price of $21.60 and the GM parts Direct price of $12.75.

Just go to http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/ and enter the GM part number in the search box. These are genuine GM parts from GM and you know they are right and will match.

Tom

Thanks, Mike!!

Tritium007 said:
only three available, so there's one left.

Thanks for the heads up, Mike, I got the last one.

Craig

fyi, riksvet.com also has them. $8 for flags only or $15 for the cap w/flags.

terry

Glad you got the last one Craig. :D I thought about you when I went back to the site and saw that it was closed. I figured either way I would have an extra and could hook you up if that last one was gone.

Mike :w

Center cap

When I had to replace one of my center caps:eyerole , I used a 3M (yellow) adhesive that you can get at Advance. I believe it originally was for Trim, but I've used it even on boat outdrives...good stuff. ;) . Incidentialy, its been 2 years, cap's still there!:_rock jim
Incidentially, I know there's an Advance in Charleston, because they helped me with my truck 2 weeks ago when I was visiting my son in college there.:D

I received the two that I ordered and they look pretty good. They were brand new and they fit tight. They were $11 each cap with emblem. Can't remember the company that listed them off hand, but I still have the box with the address. I do remember he was in MS. though.

H3 :w

I am also missing 2 hubs; I have had good results with the various parts purchased from Mid-America MotorWorks, their catalog has them, but you will need to buy the hub and decal seperately. I think they still give out free catalogs, requested via www.mamotorworks.com or 800.500.1500. They just sent me a "Vintage 1953 - 1982" catalog.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom