Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Low Fuel Light

blackandredvette

Corvette
2002 Red/Red Coupe, 1981 Black/Red Coupe
The bulb was missing that illuminated the low fuel warning so I popped a bulb in and now the light stays on all the time. Any ideas on how I fix this to work like it should?

thanks,
Brad

The bulb was missing that illuminated the low fuel warning so I popped a bulb in and now the light stays on all the time. Any ideas on how I fix this to work like it should?

thanks,
Brad

Brad....since it's supposed to work off the same signal to the fuel gauge and the light stays on all the time (likely why the bulb was pulled); I would start be looking for a ground short in the Low Fuel Bulb circuit. I assume the fuel gauge works fine?

I'd start here before going another direction.

Good Luck............. nut

Here is the gauge diagram for them. I'll have to look at the low fuel light to see exactly how the thing works. I didn't think it was possible for the light to stay on and the gauge work, but maybe it is. I'll take a look at the hardware tonight
Gaugediag1.jpg

I'll bet you plugged the bulb directly into the center gauge panel without the necessary little circuit board. Common mistake.
fuelboard.jpg

I'll bet you plugged the bulb directly into the center gauge panel without the necessary little circuit board. Common mistake.
fuelboard.jpg

Yes, I did. I saw that circuit board on the floor after I pulled the bezel out and wondered what I was supposed to do with that. I'm glad I didn't throw it away.

Just a tip. You can reach it from the glove box opening. Pull the box out, 6 screws. Beats pulling the bezel out again.

I popped in the circuit board and it works like it should now. Thanks for the help!!! I'm glad I found this forum!!!:beer

Brad

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom