Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Low Tire Pressure Warning Sensor

• Thread starter Thread starter hpgraham
  • Start date Start date
H

hpgraham

I have a 1994 ZR-1 with 2,700 miles on it and the low tire pressure warning light keeps coming on. All of the tire pressures are fine and it gets very annoying having the light come on. I have heard people mention that there is a battery in the sensor and I was wondering if it can/needs to be changed. I really don't want to pull the tire off of the rim if I don't have to so I would appreciate any information anyone can give me.

The "battery" in the sensor is one that gets charged when the car is drvien. Just for the hell out it why not take the car our for a nice long drive (say an hour) check the psi and make sure everything is ok. Maybe that will make the light go off.

This is close to true if not exact. If you crank the car for three consecutive times without driving it 25 miles or more, the light will stay on. If you want to check the codes, properly short the ALDL plug with a paperclip and turn on the ignition. Count the lights and it will tell you the stored code. My suggestion is as above, ensure tire pressure is correct (below 25 psi will set it off) and take the car on a long spirited drive. Ted

Seems like I have to keep my presure 30psi or above or my light will come on. In the winter during storage, first time you take it out to drive it make sure your presures are correct.

hpgraham said:
I have a 1994 ZR-1 with 2,700 miles on it and the low tire pressure warning light keeps coming on. All of the tire pressures are fine and it gets very annoying having the light come on. I have heard people mention that there is a battery in the sensor and I was wondering if it can/needs to be changed. I really don't want to pull the tire off of the rim if I don't have to so I would appreciate any information anyone can give me.
do the OBD2 chek and if it stell there have a drive for about 40 miles if it stell on there is a posebelaty that it mite hahe gone loos inside the tire this hapins
if that is the case you could take out the cruose-controle fuse that is the same fuse that controls the the ltps itjer way have it cheked and be sure to know witsh tire is the one with the damage sensor so each one hase its own
thye are defrint colors on thim
any way good luck and take care

There are two lights on your dash one is "SERVICE LTPWS" and the other is "LOW TIRE PRESSURE". If the "LOW TIRE PRESSURE" light is on then either your tire is low or one of the sensors is bad. You can also check the codes in the computer by shorting out pin "B" to pin "A" on the DLC connector. Turn the ignition to "on" but don't start the car. The "SERVICE LTPWS" light will flash a code, a two digit one. Each DTC displayed will consist of a number of flashes representing the first digit, followed by a short pause, followed by a number of flashes representing the second digit and then a long pause indicating the end of the DTC. DTC 12 will always precede the DTC codes stored in memory. If you see only code 12 then no error codes are stored. If you have an error code, then you will see a 12 follow by the error code. If the error code is 23 you have a low tire DTC for RT Rear, 24 is bad wheel sensor RT Rear.
33 and 34 is for Lt Rear
43 and 44 is for Lt Front
53 and 54 is for Rt Front.

To clear the codes ground pin "A" to pin "B" 3 times in 10 seconds.

Hope this helps.

ZR-1 Mom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom