Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Lowered vert less than 3' 10" tall

aboatguy

Corvette
AI head/cam/intake, Vig converter, D44, EM LTs etc
Here's a couple pics of my vert behind the wife's G8GT IOT show some perspective of how low my DD is . With level across roof IOT at highest point......car is less than 46"
Lets see some pics of your lowered C4 ....
DSC02173.jpg

DSC02172.jpg

Dang, it looks like it would barely come to the doors handles of your G8. Wow, how much did you lower it? I know the Vette is low, but I dont think mine is that low. You had to have lowered it like a few inches at least.

I don't know how much I lowered it.....never measured it at stock ride height. I lowered it back in 2005.
Here are some old stock ride height pics

DSC00359.jpg

Before.jpg

Mike

Here's a couple pics of my vert behind the wife's G8GT IOT show some perspective of how low my DD is . With level across roof IOT at highest point......car is less than 46"
Lets see some pics of your lowered C4 ....
DSC02173.jpg

DSC02172.jpg

looks sweet! what kit did you use and where did you get it from?

looks sweet! what kit did you use and where did you get it from?
Standard lowering kit....you can buy them at the usual catalogue stores.

However, I placed all of the spacers to under the rearspring.....did the same on the front when I installed the wedges, with the addition of cutting the spring pads off of the spring ends...

Mike

How far is the x-brace off the ground. I have a 95 Vert and would like to lower it but is ground clearance an issue? The next time you're out playing, would you mind giving me a measurement from the ground to the wheelwells. Also, what size tires are you running.

Looks great.

How far is the x-brace off the ground. I have a 95 Vert and would like to lower it but is ground clearance an issue? The next time you're out playing, would you mind giving me a measurement from the ground to the wheelwells. Also, what size tires are you running.

Looks great.
I don't know the clearance of the X frame

Tire size is 255/45 r17 front 275/40r18 rear

GY GSD3s which seem to be bigger than some other brands of the same sizes.

Wheel well front 25 5/8" Rear 26 3/4" gas tank is not full right now so rear may be a little high...

Here's mine. I could go lower in the rear by adjusting the spring bolts, but I kind of like the slight rake. The whole suspension has been updated with VBP's sport suspension pkg. It dropped the front end an 1". I know I really have to watch out for driveway approach's or else :eek:hnoes

P1010674.jpg

Here's mine. I could go lower in the rear by adjusting the spring bolts, but I kind of like the slight rake. The whole suspension has been updated with VBP's sport suspension pkg. It dropped the front end an 1". I know I really have to watch out for driveway approach's or else :eek:hnoes

P1010674.jpg
Looks nice.... I don't have the VBP sport suspension .......
currently I have poly bushings on the front suspension and rod end trailing arms from Banski, with DRM trailing arm and camber rod brackets on the rear.

I said currently because I have a set of DRM coilovers on the shelf in the garage just in case I have to step it up another notch..

Mike

DSC01823.jpg

my '84 was lowered 2" front and 1" in the Rear...... Im running 275/40/17 up front and have 315/35/17 in the rear

vin_-_00521__z-51_c4-albums-vette-they-said-under-powered-weak-picture1369-drivers-side-custom-emblem.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom