Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Lowered With Stock Bolts Out?

Remo

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
2001 Quicksilver Lingenfelter Convertible
Hey gang,

I've got my C5 lowered to the max on the stocks bolts (front bushing cut). I see where some guys are actually running with the front bolts completely out. Any issues with this approach?

Thanks,
Remo:cool

Lowered Max on Stock Bolts

Pics or it didn't happen! ;)

Leon

Chrome C5 Z06 wheels (18x9.5 front and 18x10.5 rear). Tires are BF Goodrich T/A g-Force KDW-2's (255/40/18 front and 285/40/18 rear). Lowered on stock bolts.
spring07.JPG

Chrome C5 Z06 wheels (18x9.5 front and 18x10.5 rear). Tires are BF Goodrich T/A g-Force KDW-2's (255/40/18 front and 285/40/18 rear). Lowered on stock bolts.
spring07.JPG

Remo... love the new rims! Very cool! :cool And I'm checking the link you provided in the Wheel thread too.

Hmmmmmm... thinking... calculating... Dragon run weekend plus Colorado Springs CruiseFest plus new chrome Z06 rims (as she studies budget). :L

:w Jane Ann

This post has been up for nearly three weeks and nobody on the forum has
ever lowered the front by taking the bolts completely out? Hmm, I guess I'll
try a thread about "what's your favorite color?" I'm sure that subject will do
a lot better.

spring07.JPG

This post has been up for nearly three weeks and nobody on the forum has
ever lowered the front by taking the bolts completely out? Hmm, I guess I'll
try a thread about "what's your favorite color?" I'm sure that subject will do
a lot better.

How about "What color oil filter works best in the snow"? :chuckle

How about "What color oil filter works best in the snow"? :chuckle

We'll discuss your flippant attitude in Colorado Springs.;LOL

Now please...don't anyone take this the wrong way ok....but.....with the amount that I scrape my air deflectors I can't understand why anyone would want to lower a C5...again please this is not an attack....educate me.:confused

Most owners want to improve on the handling of their cars. Lowering a car will give it a lower center of gravity. I, on the other hand, think that my '03 Z06 handles quite well just the way it is. It's a preferential thing. Either you lower it or you don't. I have to angle my car anyway when leaving or entering my driveway. I think if I were to lower it another 1 1/2" I'd have to park it in the street. Heaven forbid!

Now please...don't anyone take this the wrong way ok....but.....with the amount that I scrape my air deflectors I can't understand why anyone would want to lower a C5...again please this is not an attack....educate me.:confused

Most owners want to improve on the handling of their cars. Lowering a car will give it a lower center of gravity. I, on the other hand, think that my '03 Z06 handles quite well just the way it is. It's a preferential thing. Either you lower it or you don't. I have to angle my car anyway when leaving or entering my driveway. I think if I were to lower it another 1 1/2" I'd have to park it in the street. Heaven forbid!

Ditto here....It looks good and improves handling, but since mine is my daily driver... and since I scrape the frontend AT LEAST once a week already :ugh :eek:hnoes I'll have to forego it.

:w Jane Ann

Slammed and Cammed

John,

When mine was out at Lingenfelter last spring I had them drop it 1.5" all around.
The objective was to reduce the space between the top of tires and the fenders.
Purely a personal thing - I just never cared for the stock factory heigth. It gives
a terrific car the look of a 4x4. Actually GM gives nearly two inches of ride change
capability on the stock bolts. The primary reason they set the cars up on the highest
setting is so they can get them on and off the car carriers.

As I say, it's a personal preference. If you look at pictures on any of the Corvette
web sites you'll see a great many of the C5's have been lowered.

spring07.JPG

Objects in the mirrors - tend to diappear.

Anyone have any pictures of these bolts and their location? Yes, I never claimed to be a mechanic. I just think some pictures or graphics would help in showing the subject of the thread.

Just my 2 cents

:upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom