Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Lowering my 05 coupe

Larry's Yellow Rdstr

Corvette
05 black cpe-Porsche GT3
Took my car to a indi shop to have it lowered and Z06 sway bars installed. The car came back higher in the back than when I took it in. Tech said he could only lower it 1.75 inches in back. I have a 4.5 " gap in the rear. Is there some trick to lowering my 05. Do I need to buy special bolts, etc. If so where can I buy the necessary parts?
Please enlighten me. My car looks terrible.
HELP

Took my car to a indi shop to have it lowered and Z06 sway bars installed. The car came back higher in the back than when I took it in. Tech said he could only lower it 1.75 inches in back. I have a 4.5 " gap in the rear. Is there some trick to lowering my 05. Do I need to buy special bolts, etc. If so where can I buy the necessary parts?
Please enlighten me. My car looks terrible.
HELP

he probably went the wrong way with the bolts, its easy enough to do it yourself do a search for lowering in the C5 section there was a post with pictures. The rears you want to have the bolts at a longer legnth, ie the nuts near the end of the bolt. basically you take pressure off the spring with a block of wood on a jack with the car raised up and then adjust the bolts.

here is a old picture of mine just after I got it it was at the extreme lowest I have since raised it up about 3/4 since I drive it daily on country roads you can get them real low on the stock bolts
DSC02117.JPG

Got the correct lowering kit from West Coast Corvettes and had it lowered properly. Car looks and drives great.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom