Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Lowering my Z06

M

miami993c297

Lowered my Z06

hello all
I have just buy my 2002 red/black Z06(first owner,1700miles,no mods) and I would like lowered my car.
I heard that I could ask for one inch without changing nothing of the original parts on the car:
* is it true? any information on this mod?
*do you think that an official Chevrolet dealer can do it?
Christian

Christian,

Welcome to the :CAC and congratulations on the purchase of your Z06.

I have removed the duplicate posts from the C5 Tech and General Tech forums so that all responses can be on the same page. No need for the same question in three spots, I'm sure someone will chime in shortly with your answer.

Good luck!

Eric Whitaker
CAC Community Administrator

Lowering

the dealer will gladly lower the front 5/8" which is as far as GM allows without further alteration. Pick up a rear lowering kit from Andy and have your dealer install those two large bolts; it can be lowered in the rear up to 2". That's what I did.

It's done

I had my car lowered yesterday morning, handling is better, and now this Z06 look like a real RACE-CAR !!!
Christian

You an easily lower your car yourself. It takes about a month for the suspension to settle before it lowers all the way down.

According to Ken Brown, Chassis and Suspension Engineer for the C5, he recommends a realignment.

Frank Calmes said:
You an easily lower your car yourself. It takes about a month for the suspension to settle before it lowers all the way down.

According to Ken Brown, Chassis and Suspension Engineer for the C5, he recommends a realignment.
I agree with this above reply 100%.

As for the person saying, have your dealer do it and have him install longer rear bolts. I would highly doubt that a Chevrolet dealer would do this for you for fear of being sued when you tear the car up. Not that you would tear it up, but you COULD.

The reason the car is up as high as it is when you bought it new was so the car meets US DOT bumper height requirements. Lowering the car puts the car below these specs. You can imagine why a dealer would shy away from doing this job.

Now back to the post I actually replied to. It is all too easy to lower these C5's yourself. No need to replace the rear bolts if you only want to come down 1". Just crank the rear bolts until there are 2 threads left showing under the nut. The fronts. just crank the bolts until there is no gap between the bushing and the bolt and you've got it.
When you start cutting front bushings and replacing the rear bolts with 7"ers, then you will ALSO need to go with some better than stock shocks, ie: Bilstien Sports.
Good Luck. You'll love the lowered car

I realigned mine after a few months passed and it was really out.. a month after lowering seems like a great idea..

I lowered mine then a few days later I took it to an alignment shop and had it Aligned and corner weighted. The car is aligned and equally balanced from side to side, it's as close to perfect as you can get.
:cheers:
Tim

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom