Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LS 7 ROCKER ISSUES

NORTY

Corvette
2006 C6Z DSOM
My 2006 Z06 is finally out of warranty, so I feel safe to modify some things that have proven problematic. One of those things are the rocker arms. I've heard of Harland Sharp but was thinking of trying Scorpion Racing Products rockers as they look REALLY good. I suppose I'll have to change the lifters/pushrods as well. Does anyone here have any experience with Scorpion? They have a website but they aren't a supporting member, so I'll refrain from posting it.

Changing the rockers should be a straightforward task, shouldn't it?

With most rocker changes you shouldn't have to change the lifters. You may need to change the pushrods but, it depends on the rockers.

Warning, don't by soley on the basis of a low price. If that's where you're going, you're better off with OE parts.

With the demise of Crane Cams, which IMO made the best aftermarket rocker for the Gen 3s and Gen 4s, I'm hesitant to make a suggestion.

I've never heard of "Scorpion". Harland Sharp is a great neam in roller rockers but I'd want to talk to both their engineers and people who use them before I made a purchase.

The best thing to do would be to find out what rockers Katech puts in their engines and use that brand.

Thanks Hib for your response. As you know the OEM lifters are 100% dependable, so that's not a problem.

I was strictly going on quality of materials,design & service life for the rockers. Price was a non issue.

I was on another website, and it appears the harland Sharp has had some quality issues....and they are not backing their product. (I believe the term HS used was "Go pound sand.") Anyway, since this new revelation, HS is off of the table.
I just checked with Scorpion, and they don't offer anything for the LS7 currently.
Checking with the Katech people is a great idea, thanks Hib!:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom