Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LS7 in a 2006 Z06 reliability

try2pas

Corvette
1972- original; 1980 - restomod; 2016 - Z06
A good friend of mine is thinking about selling his 2006 Z06 because he just found out that it has a potential head problem of some kind and if it "fails" he would have to put a new engine in at the tune of $12,000 or so and he can't afford that. What are the odds of his engine failing and is there anything he can do to prevent that from happening? I would hate to see him get out of "corvetting" because of something that MIGHT happen.

A good friend of mine is thinking about selling his 2006 Z06 because he just found out that it has a potential head problem of some kind and if it "fails" he would have to put a new engine in at the tune of $12,000 or so and he can't afford that. What are the odds of his engine failing and is there anything he can do to prevent that from happening? I would hate to see him get out of "corvetting" because of something that MIGHT happen.

Odds are 50/50 just like any vehicle engine. Nobody can predict what is going to happen with any automobile.

If it is just street driven and the engine is quiet with no ticking noises then it is probably ok.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom