Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT-1 Angle Plug Heads

SIXTYTWO

Corvette
1957 and 1962 both F.I.
I'm a C-1 guy so need some help here. I have a pair of what I believe are NOS GM LT-1 angle plug heads. They are in the GM boxes and are part number 3995784 and casting number 3991492. The boxes have a sticker that says in so many words they are for "off road use only" . They have valves, springs and retainers installed but no rocker arm studs. They use a screw in stud. I want to sell these heads but have no idea what they're worth. Can any members help me with this? Thanks in advance. Rich jcmsp062@aol.com

According to NCRS Judging Guide I don't think they're LT-1's:

1970 L46 and LT-1: 3927186

Base and LT-1:

3973487(1971)
3973487-x (1972)
3998916(1972)
3998993(1972)

I found this site when I Googled 3991492: http://www.racetimepromotions.com/data.htm

Hope this helps.

LT-1 Heads

The NCRS doesn't list them because these heads were never factory installed on a car as they weren't smog legal. They were a special off road head mage for that motor.

The NCRS doesn't list them because these heads were never factory installed on a car as they weren't smog legal. They were a special off road head mage for that motor.

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood your question. Good luck.:beer

PN 3995784 is an "antique" cylinder head assy. out of the Chevy HD parts "catalog". It was built-up from the PN 340292 cylinder head. it was relased about 1973. It was the second-design, angle-plug head for racing applications. It has no heat riser passages, intake and exhaust ports shapes improved ovrer the first angle-plug head.

Early editions of the old "Chevrolet Power" Manuals cover modification and use of this head on racing engines built with mid-70s technology.

As to the value of NOS PN 3995784 would be hard to figure but I suspect it wouldn't be much as 1) that head was never installed on an engine in any Corvette, or any GM production vehicle for that matter and 2) Much better heads are available, today, for racing use.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom