Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT-1 cam Driving impressions.

Subfixer

Corvette
1964 White Roadster
Well, the car has now been "officially" back on the road for 2 days so I thought I would give you my impression of how it runs with the new engine setup.

Originally a 327/300, now 327/365 dressed (all the correct pieces) and the LT-1 solid lifter cam. The trans is an M20 with 3.36 rear

First, it has a wicked idle through the sidepipes. Just what I was looking for. Idles at 750-800. From my "seat of the pants" feel, the car accelerates from stopped almost as smoothly as the old 300hp when I'm driving like a Grandma. The difference in the low end torque is virtually unnoticable. Going up through the gears, same thing. Very smooth.

The BIG difference is when I get on it. Holy Cow! It feels like I added another 100 cubes. High RPM speed shifts completely overpower the skinny 205/70-R15's. Spins the tires through the 1-2 shift and the 2-3 shift. Haven't had the nerve to keep my foot in it for the 3-4 shift yet.

With all the new stock suspension components, the Bilstein HD shocks and a fresh alignment (using specs recommended on this forum for power steering), it sticks to the road around corners and is very comfortable even on the bumpy roads. It doesn't rattle my teeth at all.

All in all, I'm real happy with the way it turned out. :upthumbs

excellent news! now all you have to do is drive it and enjoy it.
:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom