Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT-1 Driver ?

rainman

Corvette
02 Z06, 65 L-76
I'm tired of driving my 95 blazer everyday and not getting to drive my corvette as much as I would like. Here in San Diego weather isn't really a concern, but would I be stupid to sale the blazer and use a numbers matching 71 LT-1 coupe as a daily driver? The car is not a show car but does have the original drive train and 74,000, I believe to be correct, miles. Its about 20 miles round trip, mostly freeway. I'd still have my wifes car for family or long trips.

rainman

Hey, it's your car, if that's what you want to do, go for it. The biggest concern I would have is , increased road time= increased chance I might get "tapped" by someone. That would certainly weigh heavily in my decision.

Dick

Rainman....... Why not just alternate driving the veh's to work? Blazer one week, Vette the next. Or maybe just drive the Vette once or twice a week to work. I do agree with Midshark in the fact that increased road time just increases the risk of something happening to it, but that's what insurance is for.

Steve

Just Don't

I too have one these cars. I probably wouldn't think it to much fun if I drove to much. On the other hand what is to much? I have had a bundle of collectable cars in the past and reserved them for the weekends. It just seemed like that was the time to drive em'.

Mike,
I think that you are right. It's really not much fun fighting freeway trafiic in the LT-1. I see that you are in San Diego. I'd love to see your car sometime.

I live in MA, and I'm only able to drive my LT-1 for a few short months of the year!
I too have a numbers matching LT-1, which has undergone a "frame-off" restoration.
It's actually as close to new as you can get, I believe.

A little off the subject, how do you guys post the pics of your vettes? I haven't seen
anything on the homepage that allows downloads. Any help appreciated. Thanks,

-JJS

No Pix

I haven't tried but will attempt later. Maybe someone can chime in on this and give us pointers.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom