Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT-1 Fuel Line Question

Brooklinite

Hi guys, looking for opinions/advice with respect to using bronze internal fuel filters in a Holley carb. I've heard that they are much more restrictive than an in-line filter.

My '72 LT-1 has an aftermarket pump-to-carb fuel line with an in-line fuel filter attached by 2 relatively short pieces of rubber hose. I'm thinking of replacing this setup with an original-style LT-1 hard-line, scrapping the in-line filter and using the internal bronze filters in the carb. I'm considering this for 2 reasons. First, rubber fuel lines make me nervous, and secondly, I really like the original look.

So what do you think? Will the bronze filters have much, if any adverse affect on performance? Is it worth it? What would you do?

THANKS!
Scott.

The inline bronze fuel filter worked well for years and years in millions of GM cars. I see no reason why it shouldn't continue to work well. Fwiw, I have a 72 LT-1 that is very original and I run original fuel lines and filter. It sure does make it easy when I go to the store since I don't have to know all the add on stuff that others run.

Gary

I agree with the other poster and I have sold 100`s of the bronze and the paper filters. Equal performance when both new. Take the rubber line out please. :D

mine is a 71 LT1 and have been runnig the original hard lines with the bronze filters in the holley for 12 years with no problems,plenty of long trips as well,looks better too,:upthumbs

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm going to follow your advice.:beer

Done! With a little help.

Ok, a lot of help.

Here's a before and after of my new/old fuel line replacement and Holley rebuild. I'm a relative newbie to the mechanic-stuff so many thanks to 'Fuelie' for helping a me through this project. Btw...it sounds even better than it looks. Too bad the roads are all wet and salty :beer

Before.....
DSC02598.jpg

AFTER!
DSC02671.jpg

:upthumbs that looks great ,job well done,i notice your not running the air pump?this is my engine bay,i am still chaseing down a pump and distributor set up for my 71,i may come over to america one day and go to bloomington gold,have not been there yet,just gotta talk the missus into it.
1971hqpanelvan009-1.jpg

That does look really good.Now i'm wondering if that setup will work with my Holley Street Avenger/Edelbrock Performer combination.

This is my engine bay,i am still chaseing down a pump and quote]

MadLT1, If you want an AIR system to make your car original, I would suggest that you call Bill Hodel at 330-832-0871. He is the expert in these systems. Let me warn you, THEY AIN"T CHEAP!

Brooklinite, nice job returning it to normal and making it safer

This is my engine bay,i am still chaseing down a pump and quote]

MadLT1, If you want an AIR system to make your car original, I would suggest that you call Bill Hodel at 330-832-0871. He is the expert in these systems. Let me warn you, THEY AIN"T CHEAP!

Brooklinite, nice job returning it to normal and making it safer
thanks gary ,i will look him up soon.cheers.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom