Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT-1s at Auction

rainman

Corvette
02 Z06, 65 L-76
I read in BoB Kroupa's Sold, Sold, Sold article in the most recent Corvette Enthusiast that two 70 LT-1 verts sold at the Bloomington Gold auction for $57,000 and $51,000. Does anyone know anything about these cars?

Thanks

rainman said:
I read in BoB Kroupa's Sold, Sold, Sold article in the most recent Corvette Enthusiast that two 70 LT-1 verts sold at the Bloomington Gold auction for $57,000 and $51,000. Does anyone know anything about these cars?

Thanks

The one that sold for 51k was BH blue on black. Fresh average resto, but not Top Flight or Bloomington Gold material. Motor was number matching, but trans was not. No documentation at all. ...i was hoping to buy this one, but the price was waaaaayyyyy too much for that type or car.

The 57K one was white and black and freshly restored as well. This resto appeared to be "Top Flight ready". Car was fully documented. i had seen it advertised online for, i think, 65k or so.

:D

Thanks. For that money, I would expect Top Flight with docs.

Wow. Time to increase my insurance again. . . . :D

The white '70 LT-1 convertible did have some factory documentation, a partial Corvette Order Copy. It was a nice car. The purchaser had several other LT-1's, was offered more for the car after the sale, as a late bidder arrived after car went thru auction. The new owner turned down the offer.

early shark said:
The white '70 LT-1 convertible did have some factory documentation, a partial Corvette Order Copy. It was a nice car. The purchaser had several other LT-1's, was offered more for the car after the sale, as a late bidder arrived after car went thru auction. The new owner turned down the offer.

Yeah, the docs help a lot.

I've got pretty much everything for my car. Window sticker, tank sticker, protecto-plate, original manual & pouch and so on. I've even got the original seat shims in their little canvas bag. . .

Someday I've gotta do a full-bore NCRS style resto! :D

Erik,
Nice Car,and You Say Fully Optioned(including Rear Defroster)? Good Deal. I Purchased,this Year In Your Neck Of The Woods(carmel),a Well Optioned Ontario Orange(still W/original Paint) A/c Coupe That I'm Tickled To Own. Previous Two Owner Car First Sold In Reno,nev. Purchased By Second Owner In 1977 And Has Been In Carmel Since Then. No Rust. Sold My 1970 L46 To Make Room For This One. A Good Tradeoff I Think Considering The Rarity Of An A/c Lt-1 ('69 Big Blocks Are Great-but Not Rare Like These). Your Car Looks Great, I May Contact You As I Restore Bits Of This Car If You Don't Mind. Nice To Trade Ideas And Expertise.
Greg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom