Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! LT1 Project - Unsure if top end oiling is adequate - New(er) roller rockers installed and running.

trackitman

Corvette
1992 Convertible White 6 sp
All -

Posted a video to youtube. Roller Rockers LT1 running - YouTube Just finished purchasing and installing correct length push rods. Set up is LT4 hotcam, advanced induction heads (ported), new valve job, Comp Cams roller rockers, lashed to zero plus 1/8th turn, running method. Oil pressure is good (60 psi cold, 40 psi engine temp).

My concern is there is very little oil pumping through the push rod into the top end of the roller rocker. When revving, you can see a small amount spitting out of the oil hole in the top of the roller rocker and hitting the adjustment nut. Is this adequate oiling for the roller tips, valve springs, and valve seals? Want to make sure before I button up everything and enjoy the rest of the summer.

Many thanks

Last edited:
I'd be concerned too I watched the video and saw very little oil. I'm just getting into chevys but I know a lot of pontiacs will dang near spray u in the face. See if you can get a certified Chevrolet mechanic (preferably a friend) to come look at it. I don't wajt to steer u wrong man goodluck.

I'll tell you this much, when I changed out my regular rockers to the roller rockers on my 94, they pumped more oil than that. I couldn't run it with the valve covers off like that without having oil all over the place.

I too, would be very concerned. It would be unwise to run the car, until this problem has been fixed.....Roger.

I agree with others, here.

You have a problem inside the engine which has restricted oil flow to the valve gear.

Is the short block in the car the same as it was before you replaced the cam, heads and valve gear?
Did you soak the lifters in a can of oil overnight before installation?

Have u had a resolution to your problem? I know I'd like to know what was going on and I hope that everything turns out ok, or atleast fixable.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom