Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT1 upgrade to headers questions

tmkassin

Corvette
2009 LS3
I am thinking about removing my smog pump and installing long tube headers om my 92 LT1. Has anyone done this? What do I need to know? Will removing the smog pump cause ECM issues? Any info will be appreciated.

I am thinking about removing my smog pump and installing long tube headers om my 92 LT1. Has anyone done this? What do I need to know? Will removing the smog pump cause ECM issues? Any info will be appreciated.

Leave the smog pump alone! :thumb

Stainless Works

I have Exotic Muscle longtubes on my they fix w/o issue and I'm still running the smog equipment

DSC01320.jpg

DSC01319.jpg

Where can you find Exotic Muscle headers? I have searched the internet but to no avail.

On a 92, the AIR system is not part of the car's on-board diagnostics. If you remove the pump, there will be no "ECM issues".

Well, I am sort of in a similar situation to you. I will be in the market for a fresh new exhaust system, and contemplated removing the air/smog pump. Based off of current responses, I may just keep the pump on then, but still not too sure.

Any particular reasons why we would not want to remove it?

As far as headers or exhaust im looking to get TPIS exhaust setup, Stainlessworks looks good, but they are pretty expensive, 2000+ for a complete setup for my case. TPIS sells Longtubes with or without emissions for 600 uncoated or 750 coated.
Here is their header link:
TPiS
Here is their complete system link:
TPiS

On a 92, the AIR system is not part of the car's on-board diagnostics. If you remove the pump, there will be no "ECM issues".

No ECM, but there will be others. Car will start rich, ask me how I know.
If I did it all over, I would leave it hooked up. It takes up 0 hp and helps car run better.

600 uncoated or 750 coated.
Coated.. Absolutely!!! No debate. Your plastic underhood parts will appreciate it, first

I would leave it hooked up. It takes up 0 hp and helps car run better.
I did. Besides the cat needs the air and may avoid clogging it up, in time.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom