Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 Lt4 Automatic

1996 LT4 Topic
Thats Jim and Karen not Kathy. Can recognize us now by license on 65 roadster,,,,327365 and Z06,,,,,Jim N Krn

We have met a lot of people over the years since we have lived in 7 different places and 4 different states in the past 14 years.

I think thats what we like the best about this hobby other than the thrill of getting behind the wheel, meeting all the great Corvette people out there.

JP

As Paul Harvey likes to say...

"And know you know the rest of the story."

Thanks for clearing all that up, JP. Looks like you need to change your Forum name, though. :D

AutoLT4 said:
Well, I did not think I was that old, but as someone put it an older man drove it to Missouri for a show. All of you are right, I was the owner of the car. I live in Ohio and did drive it to Florida for an Ecklers show and another at the Cape. Did not really drive the car except to shows in the area and it as been to Mid America Funfest a couple of times so a lot of Corvette people have seen it. It was in a couple of magazines over the years and has won its share of awards.

I purchased the car from an engineer at the factory who with some help from others there built it. It did not come down the line as an LT4 with an automatic.

It is all stock including transmission. However it does have a 3000 RPM torque convertor that is not stock. The stock one would not handle the power to the stock transmission.

As someone else put it, it does generate a lot of interest. I ran it a few times at Bowling Green, Beach Bend and beat LT4 6 speed and 3 C5's so it does run.

Great Dane has contacted me and will be getting with me soon as I have other items he might be interested in.

JP

Jim:
Welcome to the forum!! I was having a bit of fun watching this thread.......now that you pulled a Paul Harvey.......whatever will we do......I think I met you and Karen at the funfest 2000 when DMcCellan was sittin' at the Mobil station....oh well.......enjoy....

There will still be those that dont believe. Thats what makes it fun. I know when I ran it at Beach Bend, there were a lot that couldnt believe how well it ran.

Do need to change forum name, just havent come up with one.

JP

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom