Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 LT4 Badge Question

1996 LT4 Topic
This whole tread reminds of people who call their convertibles a roadster. News flash! A true roadster does not have real side windows but more like curtains. But hey whatever floats your boat I say. :L

Well that's incorrrect also

Roadster... an automobile with an open body that seats two and has a folding fabric top and a luggage compartment in the rear .

But were getting away from the intended topic, nothing like putting a badge on a car of which it clearly is not

No it's not incorrect and I'm sticking to my guns. :L
I've read plenty of articles on this same discussion of what the true definition of a roadster is. The side curtains are part of it that people don't realize. Most car manufac also use the term incorrectly. An old Morgan is a true roadster. I can tell you for a fact it's not a Corvette convertible or any modern day convertible. :gap

supernatural400 said:
Transmission , engine and tach ,that's it. unless you opted for the big brake option . that's the only thing they have that's the same. everything else was only and option if you ordered the RPO code for Grand Sport. Fact is if does not have the RPO code associated with it it's not a Grand Sport no matter how much you want it to be

Actually, the only things that are different is the paint scheme and interior (and the interior isn't all that different either) On coupes you also got wider rear tires with fender flares.

If you own a car, and want it to be a Grand Sport, it is up to you, not the manufacturer. RPO codes don't mean a whole lot after the the manufacturer sells the car. All that says is what the car was built with. It is up to the owner from there.

CKA_Racing said:
No it's not incorrect and I'm sticking to my guns. :L
I've read plenty of articles on this same discussion of what the true definition of a roadster is. The side curtains are part of it that people don't realize. Most car manufac also use the term incorrectly. An old Morgan is a true roadster. I can tell you for a fact it's not a Corvette convertible or any modern day convertible. :gap

So Car makers are wrong, three different dictionary sources are wrong, but your articles are right...Ok...

Maybe when your talking about British or European cars that term might apply.. You mentioned that it was a fact, please post a source of this "fact' as I would like to read where it states that a definition of a roadster is that it has to have side curtains

Vettelt193 said:
RPO codes don't mean a whole lot after the the manufacturer sells the car. All that says is what the car was built with. It is up to the owner from there.

Really, I guess all of us who buy cars and check the RPO codes to make sure were are getting what we pay for are just wasting our time. I'll have to remember that when I go hunting for my 67 or 70 BB, maybe the owner will drop the price several thousand dollars when I point out the RPO codes don't mean a whole lot

2 things:
first, tone it down a tad.......
second, keep it on the topic..of the badges, which in my opinion is pretty well exhausted. If you want to talk about rpo codes, definitions of roadsters, and the like, start a new thread.

my LT4 (I am the second owner) came with the LT4 on the rear
only and a LT4 plate on the console

vette ed said:
my LT4 (I am the second owner) came with the LT4 on the rear
only and a LT4 plate on the console
Mr. Ed........welcome. The aforementioned ID was added aftermarket by someone. LT4 badges do not exist from the factory....:w :CAC

Hi Ed,

I'd guess 60 to 80 % of the lt4's have some aftermarket badges. Congrats on you purchase & be careful, lotta power there.

I'm also a new owner of a '96 LT4 (see my intro post and pic links here):

http://corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29800

Also second owner. And mine also has a LT4 badge on the rear bumper and a LT4 plate on the console. I thought it was factory.

Whatever...no doudt that it's a real LT4...it has the red highlights and "Corvette" on the value covers, red GS, and 6 speed.....and it is kinda fast ;)

LT-4 Badges

I saw a coup in my area that had the aftermarket badges on the side of the hood, like the L-82 was set up. It actually looked pretty good. Mine, I will keep it as a sleeper. Not that I would challenge anyone on the street.:eyerole

LT4 Badge

:upthumbs

Unless the hood is up, that's the only way to tell. How do you tell a '96 from an older C4? Check the front bumper - the painted area between the side markers and the turn signals is 'body color' on 96's - all other years this area is black. Works for all but black cars. :eyerole

Oh, if it ain't a ZR1 and it's got an 8grand tach - LT4.

Hood doesnt have to be up, if it's a 6 speed manual then it is an LT4. No option for automatic was available. LT1 only came with automatic trans. No deviations.

Cheers, :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom