Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 LT4 Crankshaft position sensor

1996 LT4 Topic

PaulB1965

Corvette
1996 LT4 Grand Sport
I am Paul and I just bought my first Corvette ( 1996 Grand Sport Convertible ) with a a6 speed manual . Several codes are showing up and one is the crank sensor . Is there anyone who can tell me where to find a video of the sensor being replaced ? I am not a mechanic but I would like to work on as much of my own stuff as I can . Does anyone know how much the sensor costs ? Thanks . Any help would be greatly appreciated

I am Paul and I just bought my first Corvette ( 1996 Grand Sport Convertible ) with a a6 speed manual . Several codes are showing up and one is the crank sensor . Is there anyone who can tell me where to find a video of the sensor being replaced ? I am not a mechanic but I would like to work on as much of my own stuff as I can . Does anyone know how much the sensor costs ? Thanks . Any help would be greatly appreciated

Replacement part $50-$90. I would use an AC Delco part.

The sensor is held in place by one 8mm bolt and is bolted to the bottom passenger side of the timing cover.

Here's a thread with some methods on how to replace the sensor.

Help removing bolt for Crank Position Sensor - LT4 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Last edited by a moderator:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom